Self checkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
My Lady has a 16 year old and will not allow her to get a job so that she can focus on school. Her oldest was raised the same way, she's 28 and a Dr. I wish I could have done it that way and focused on school. 31 years later and I'm driving a big brown truck(currently on w/c with brand new knees.)
Your pay and benefits driving that big brown truck are better than most people with a college degree so you ain't doing too bad. My doc told me he has $400k in student loans, is micro managed by Mercy, and wishes he had never gone to med school. I hope the 28 year old doc is in a better situation than he is. It's good to focus on school and also plan to get on your own when you become an adult. Sounds like your lady wants the best for them and won't let them stay in the nest too long. You've been off quite a while with those knees haven't you? Are they doing good?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is all true. Which is why I said companies that want quality workers should pay a rate that attracts them. If they are getting bad and unreliable workers then maybe the economy there requires a higher wage.

Sometimes it really does take money to make money

Companies attract and keep quality employees, when MANAGEMENT treats them like a quality employee.

I was a contractor supervisor. 4 supervisors to cover 4 shifts of 122 contractors.

3 shifts were always short handed. Trouble getting overtime workers. Trouble with workers walking off.

All 4 shifts done the same jobs, same policies1 and made the same $$$.

The ONLY difference being the SUPERVISOR.

Supervisor A arrived starched and pressed, like he was headed to the club. Sat in office until time to leave. Left starched and pressed.

Supervisor B spent the majority of the 12 hr shift, in the break room, with his girlfriend, while others covered her job.

Supervisor C stated, "if I don't fire at least person per shift, I'm not doing my job.

Supervisor D, always on the floor, helping out, breaking workers, listening to problems and taking care of issues.

D (me) gets called to front office, because I am not firing anybody and making the other 3 look bad.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your pay and benefits driving that big brown truck are better than most people with a college degree so you ain't doing too bad. My doc told me he has $400k in student loans, is micro managed by Mercy, and wishes he had never gone to med school. I hope the 28 year old doc is in a better situation than he is. It's good to focus on school and also plan to get on your own when you become an adult. Sounds like your lady wants the best for them and won't let them stay in the nest too long. You've been off quite a while with those knees haven't you? Are they doing good?
They are 1,000% better!!!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
If a company wants better workers it can pay more to attract and retain them.
The free market system, and the LAW of supply, and demand, will work all these things out, in time, if we can keep politicians out of it!! This system has resulted in the undisputed highest standard of living, in all of human history, as well as the last best hope of humanity, in spite of government interference!! The TOTAL FAILURE of every communist, and fascist,(TOTALITARIAN) regime in history, left, and right wing, HAS PROVEN OVER, AND OVER, THAT GOVERNMENTS CAN'T RUN BUSINESS SUCCESSFULLY!! Venezuela, Obama's role model, went from the richest, nation in South America, with the highest standard of living, to the POOREST, with the lowest standard of living, in 20 odd years, in spite of having the WORLDS LARGEST PROVEN RESERVE OF CRUDE OIL, AS WELL AS OTHER MINERAL WEALTH!!

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
They are 1,000% better!!!
That's great. Most people have good success with replacements. I wish I could say the same. Docs don't have much time or interest in helping those who have problems after a replacement. Or I should say mine certainly doesn't.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did anyone ever consider the possibility that because of HUGE losses due to shoplifting, companies have had to go to using the less expensive self-checkout option rather than staying with paid cashiers, in order to remain profitable? If you hate having to use self-checkout then blame the shoplifters that the judicial system that no longer bothers to prosecute.
Where did I say I hated self-checkout? I actually prefer it most of the time.

What I hate is when more self-checkout lanes are closed than open.

Sheesh.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where did I say I hated self-checkout? I actually prefer it most of the time.

What I hate is when more self-checkout lanes are closed than open.

Sheesh.
Sorry @BobbyV I didn't mean YOU personally. I should have said something like 'for those hating self-checkouts'. I also prefer the self-checkout most of the time except when I have a lot of bulk produce items that I have to 'look-up' (no barcode to scan).

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Unless there is no line at all I prefer self checkout. I also prefer self ordering kiosks at fast food places instead of some person wanting a tip just for taking my order.

Latest posts

Top Bottom