Self checkout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our lowes is trying to go no checker. When they first started we always had to get the attendant to clear our tax free and veterans discount.
Only one lane with a checker that had to come and run their card and check us out.
Now, just have to enter the phone number to clear that hurtle.
I’m tossed on the checker/no checker issue as it costs jobs but in favor of capitalism.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And after I do their job at the self checkout the asshloe at the door wants to check my receipt!

Screw them!
They don’t check squat any place I’ve been.
They appear to count items in the cart, yet never do a deep dive into it for full carts.
Probably a theft prevention program that really doesn’t work?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work at one of the 'big box hardware' stores. We just had inventory --- wanna guess what we lost this previous year? Almost $1.5 million, just in one store! And, that's with way more stuff locked up than last year.

The laws are on the books to deal with this. It's just that the system refuses to do much about it.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It makes zero sense to have a 250' roll of 10 gauge wire locked up. How do you sneak out such a heavy bulky item.

So you get someone to unlock the door and put it in your cart. 🤷 What changed.

In the past, we've actually had two guys put a 500' roll of 3/0 on a flat cart and run for the door. When they raced out of the parking lot, they didn't completely latch the tailgate and the wire landed in the lot.

They steal welders, mowers, hot water tanks, bath tubs --- it's crazy!! The stuff that is locked up has to be walked to the registers by the worker. I've worked retail for 45 years and some craze **** goes on. Also, corp doesn't allow us to touch 'em, follow 'em out of the store, 'profile' them, etc.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the past, we've actually had two guys put a 500' roll of 3/0 on a flat cart and run for the door. When they raced out of the parking lot, they didn't completely latch the tailgate and the wire landed in the lot.

They steal welders, mowers, hot water tanks, bath tubs --- it's crazy!! The stuff that is locked up has to be walked to the registers by the worker. I've worked retail for 45 years and some craze **** goes on. Also, corp doesn't allow us to touch 'em, follow 'em out of the store, 'profile' them, etc.
Is that due to the CRT training?

Latest posts

Top Bottom