Selling your home yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
you still have to be licensed to use the MLS.

That's what I thought. This post...

I think you also might be able to get an MLS number for a fee so it'll be in the big system while still being a for sale by owner.

.......led me to ask the question. I thought maybe something changed since I put my license on inactive status. FISBOs are possible, but people in general don't understand how the process works. It's about exposure. A FISBO sticks a sign in his yard and thinks he's going to have sufficient exposure. And I definitely didn't think MLS was accessable by the general public. Heck, when I was a realtor, just allowing someone to use my MLS number was enough to get my MLS function revoked.

BTW, I hope things are going well for you. It's not a particularly easy job. (Being a realtor.)

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's what I thought. This post...

.......led me to ask the question. I thought maybe something changed since I put my license on inactive status. FISBOs are possible, but people in general don't understand how the process works. It's about exposure. A FISBO sticks a sign in his yard and thinks he's going to have sufficient exposure. And I definitely didn't think MLS was accessable by the general public. Heck, when I was a realtor, just allowing someone to use my MLS number was enough to get my MLS function revoked.

BTW, I hope things are going well for you. It's not a particularly easy job. (Being a realtor.)
There are multiple FSBO services now that will list your home on MLS for $300.

Latest posts

Top Bottom