Service 4WD message

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I’m not sure if it was a coincidence or the cause but the vehicle has been turning over slower and slower lately. I checked the battery with a battery load tester and it tested good.

They were out in the rain a couple weeks ago at a Saturday school football game and it wouldn’t turn over at all. The instrument cluster and gauge lights came on and were flashing all over the place, according to my daughter. I told her to have her husband check the battery terminals and make sure they were tight, because the test I did said the battery was good.

Everything was tight so I suggested taking it to Sam’s and have them check it. They had a jump starter that they used to start it and drove it home. The husband called again and asked if I thought it was the battery. I told him the battery is not going to get any better. He took it to Sam’s and they replaced the battery. They haven’t had these electrical gremlin issues again, yet anyway.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My ex-FIL once had a van that had an intermittent fuel pump problem. 3 or 4 different shops and multiple trips to a couple of those, and two new fuel pumps didn’t fix it. After about 2 years of this the battery died and he replaced it. Never happened again after changing the battery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom