Share your Open Carry Experiences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have open carried most days since Nov 1. I work in Edmond so any time I have to go run any errands or go to lunch, I'm OC. No problems anywhere I've been. Had a Bass Pro employee watch my holstered firearm walk down the isle with me one day and have had a couple people ask about how to get an SDA. One sales associate didn't even realize I was carrying until he accidentally bumped it. He went to point at something in front of me as I moved up beside him and he hit it with the back of his hand. The funniest thing though was when he asked me if I only carried when I was in OKC. Said his brother lives in Muskogee but only carried when he came to OKC....almost asked if they didn't have crime in Muskogee. :scratch:

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have open carried most days since Nov 1. I work in Edmond so any time I have to go run any errands or go to lunch, I'm OC. No problems anywhere I've been. Had a Bass Pro employee watch my holstered firearm walk down the isle with me one day and have had a couple people ask about how to get an SDA. One sales associate didn't even realize I was carrying until he accidentally bumped it. He went to point at something in front of me as I moved up beside him and he hit it with the back of his hand. The funniest thing though was when he asked me if I only carried when I was in OKC. Said his brother lives in Muskogee but only carried when he came to OKC....almost asked if they didn't have crime in Muskogee. :scratch:

Well, Rep McPeek is from Muskogee. apparently people there think the sight of a gun might damage a poor little kid's fragile psyche.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I've open carried to different places probably half a dozen times by now. No one seems to really pay any mind usually. I've only had one older guy with his wife ask what I was carrying once so far and he seemed to have a real good attitude. I wasn't sure how I felt about open carry at first, but I think it helps public perception of firearms especially if you are dressed decently and/or have your family with you.

Good luck,

Alan

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I was open carrying at Walmart today when a nice woman behind me started asking questions about getting her permit. She recently moved here from California (good for her!). I recommended she get on the forum here and check out the 2A shooting center.

Good luck,

Alan

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was OCing after a steel challenge match at USSA last Sunday, we went to Taco Bell. And a family of 4 was sitting across from us told me that they felt much safer with us in the store, and told us how they want to show their children that guns are not evil.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seen a bearded guy in claremore QT two fridays ago OC'ing. I complimented him on his stainless 1911 and told him he was the only person i've ever seen oc'ing.

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was OCing after a steel challenge match at USSA last Sunday, we went to Taco Bell. And a family of 4 was sitting across from us told me that they felt much safer with us in the store, and told us how they want to show their children that guns are not evil.

Did you ask them where their guns were? :selfangel

Latest posts

Top Bottom