Sharia Law?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I get the idea , would then , being married to a minor not STILL be illegal,,by American Law, which is where you would be tried?
That was his example, not mine, and I'm not a lawyer, but, as I understand it, we recognize (most) foreign marriages as a matter of course because we want them to recognize ours when Americans are overseas.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And if you went to Saudi Arabia and got three or four?
Again, I'm not a lawyer, but I'd expect that, polygamy being illegal in the US and you being an American citizen at the time of the marriages, the extra marriages would not be recognized in the US. If the courts here couldn't consider foreign law, the difference would be that none of them would be recognized.

Which might not be a bad thing if you're a bit of a scoundrel... ;)

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nope. aren't you? My whole point is why are we even voting on issues if in reality it doesn't matter. Is that not why we do vote? To voice our opinion. Forget it, i'm done beating this horse.

I'm just noting the support of democracy over republicanism.

I'm libertarian.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder where a school trying to ban kids bringing any snacks that contain pork would fit into this debate? Yes it did happen and was reversed at the district level after an outcry by parents.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jack, come on, do you REALLY think the Muslim Brotherhood is going to get a foothold here? Seriously? Forget about us redneck bastards who would horsewhip their asses, forget about all the "good Christian' folk who would beat them to death with Rhinestone covered Bibles, all the rest of America would ensure that these bastards would never get a foothold here.

Come on bro, do you really think the American public which loves beer, Kim Kardsasion, Snooki, reality TV and NASCAR would sit still for Sharia law?

This is the exact reason people in Oklahoma would allow this.

95% are mindless idiots that have no clue what happens outside of their home/work place.

I recently asked my wife, and a dozen other people if they were familar with Benghazi, NSA, etc, and they didn't have a clue.

Yes we will get the mooslim brotherhood here.

Thank God the public is fighting back in Egypt against the brotherhood.

The idot in our highest office begged for the mooslim brotherhood to take over the country and gave them tax payer dollars to do this, and is currently chastising the freedom fighters because they will not submit to Sheria Law put on by the brotherhood.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was his example, not mine, and I'm not a lawyer, but, as I understand it, we recognize (most) foreign marriages as a matter of course because we want them to recognize ours when Americans are overseas.

Yea , it just seems funny they use that example of Why we Should have it,...Thanks.

I pretty much .....NO MORE LAWS, so thats my side

Latest posts

Top Bottom