Sheds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Time for heads to be falling off. Been out the last two weekends and ended up with a decent pile. Only three that were from this year, one was a nice one. Burned a few hundred acres a couple of weeks ago that contributed to the discovery of many of them. Few full head sheds from poachers or vehicle collisions. Probably the former. Can't wait for Saturday, going to look at one of my better spots that I have not visited this year.

Some of these were sawn off the skulls
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_2_20_16.jpg

Nice fresh one from this year, and head that was shot from highway.
questmhsa.com_r00s7a_2_21_16.jpg

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is beautiful out already. Not often I get torn up from briars in February, but last weekend I had to wear short sleeves and look like I'd been trying to fornicate with a wildcat. Got my first tick this weekend too, not sure what that speaks to about the coming spring.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a tick off of me last weekend which was surprising. I, also, found a shed from this year last Saturday while spraying my oats and clover patches. The shed was off one of our cull bucks.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You definitely find the mother load of sheds down there in SE OK. Just goes to show that all those hunters (resident and non resident) still haven't killed all of the bucks.

You can keep those ticks down there in SE where you brag about the temps in the 70s while we have sub freezing wind chills. Yep, you enjoy those.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, that's a solid haul. Nicely done. I think I'm going to go look in the next week or two. Probably won't find much, but I need to pull my cameras, if they're still there.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd rather shed hunt than deer hunt nearly any day. Kill the buck and you don't get any more horns! They are renewable every year as long as you can keep him alive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom