Shell holder question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrguns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for some shell holders. The single package ones are out of stock in what I need. However the kits are still available. I have a Hornady shell trimmer that I need the for. question is. Will the Lee shell holders work in this? And second what is the difference in the universal shell holder kit and the Auto prime shell holder kit?

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the Lee auto prime uses special shell holders. Get the universal kit. It covers most of the shell holders you will need.

I am not even sure if the standard shell holders in the universal Lee kit will work in your trimmer.

Why did I even comment?

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The difference between the autoprime and regular is the autoprime doesn't have the base/neck on the bottom.
Turn them over and it's really easy to see the difference.

bearpaws

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for some shell holders. The single package ones are out of stock in what I need. However the kits are still available. I have a Hornady shell trimmer that I need the for. question is. Will the Lee shell holders work in this? And second what is the difference in the universal shell holder kit and the Auto prime shell holder kit?

Is that the Hornady cam-lock case trimmer? If so, only hornady will work.

bearpaws

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that the Hornady cam-lock case trimmer? If so, only hornady will work.

btw the forster case trimmer uses a step collet at the rear of the case and changeable pilots for the inside of the neck where you trim.
Has so many advantages and add ons there isn't room here to list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom