Sheriff Whetsel tried to defeat concealed carry laws when he was IACP President

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Democrat Sheriff Whetsel was the President of the International Association of Chiefs of Police in 1995 and worked hard to defeat and/or weaken CCW laws across the country. November 6th, Sheriff Whetsel seeks another term as Oklahoma County Sheriff and likely still believes that ordinary citizens should not have the right to carry firearms. The link below shows an NRA document that demonstrates Sheriff Whetsel's disdain for lawful citizens to carry their firearms and provides numerous suggestions how law-enforcement can erode our 2A.

The Republican candidate for Oklahoma County Darrell Sorrels believes that lawful Oklahoma County residents have not only the right, but the duty as an American citizen to keep and bear firearms. I ask everyone to consider your rights as lawful citizens which sheriff candidate will best defend the Constitution and protect your rights.

No Guns For Anyone - Sheriff Whetsel and Gun Control:
http://www.examiner.com/article/no-guns-for-anyone-sheriff-whetsel-and-gun-control

Document of memorandum from Sheriff Whetsel, from NRA archives:
http://www.textfiles.com/politics/GUNS/iacplet.dos

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I've talked to him, he's been very pro LAC carry. He had no real issues with open carry, and signs the form for class 3 purchases all the time. I have no dog in this fight, but I think the OP is so much fear mongering. or maybe I'm just naive...

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience with him is that what he does & says in private is anti-gun.. but in public as a politician wanting to get elected he is pro-gun. Typical politician. He can stab pro-gun advocates in the back while smiling to their faces.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My experience with him is that what he does & says in private is anti-gun.. but in public as a politician wanting to get elected he is pro-gun. Typical politician. He can stab pro-gun advocates in the back while smiling to their faces.

So he's a Romney supporter, interesting!

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You misspelled Whetsel, it is Weasel!

You're right, I sure did. Yesterday, at the High Noon meeting in H&H, an older lady said she went to high school with him and said that's what they called him back in the day. Whetsel was the hot-button topic of the whole meeting and the Constitutional sheriff candidate was the center stage.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're right, I sure did. Yesterday, at the High Noon meeting in H&H, an older lady said she went to high school with him and said that's what they called him back in the day. Whetsel was the hot-button topic of the whole meeting and the Constitutional sheriff candidate was the center stage.

Weasel couldn't walk in old J.D. Sharps shadow as far as being a man or a sheriff. JD was a politician in the old school fashion for sure.. but if he gave you his word, he stuck to it and he didn't stab you in the back. And if he didn't like you, he'd tell you staight to your face.. you sure didn't have to doubt where you stood with him or hear it through the grapevine. JD looked out for me on several occasions. I'd bet if you asked a lot of the old time deputies that had worked with both, they'd tell you the same thing. I've only met the guy running against Weasel during campaigns, but he seems like a decent guy. Hope he makes it this time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom