Sheriffs in Oregon Defy New Controversial Gun Control Measure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The law is the law. If you don't like the law, then change it but it's not up to everyone to decide what laws they want to follow and what laws they don't. That is pretty much called anarchy and leads to lawlessness!
From what I have seen and heard about California-NTM, Oregon, and Washington, the minority in these states decide what the law is going to be even though the majority may be against it. What you are advocating is that even if the 'law' is immoral, unethical, or constitutionally illegal, it still HAS to be obeyed, regardless.

Not having the means to change these type of laws legally is how revolts, uprising, insurrections, and general anarchy eventually begins, not because laws that were perceived as being wrong were ignored.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't you just love that sheriffs and other public officials get to decide what laws they will enforce and which ones they won't? That's how we get district attorneys that won't prosecute people that steal less than $1000 in merchandise from businesses. Kind of leads to the POTUS refuses to prosecute illegal aliens and other parts of his oath of office.

What is the point of having laws and elections if this is acceptable in this country?

You're catching hate for this, but you are 100% correct.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That exact type of thinking is what got people wounded and killed by the National Guard during an unarmed protest by students at Kent State University.

Promoting communism is what got a bunch of hippies shot at Kent State. Read the accounts of how that day progressed and culminated in that little exercise of improving the gene pool.

mavs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You're catching hate for this, but you are 100% correct.
Thank you sir. People don't get to decide what laws are constitutional or unconstitutional. The courts are the ones who decide that and not every person gets to make those decisions including the sheriff or district attorney.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Promoting communism is what got a bunch of hippies shot at Kent State. Read the accounts of how that day progressed and culminated in that little exercise of improving the gene pool.
I do not and never will agree that we should shoot fellow Americans because we don't like their chosen life-style or political thoughts. Sounds too much like something Russia or China does to their own citizens that have criticized their own government. I don't know TK, maybe you're beholding to those regimes.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not and never will agree that we should shoot fellow Americans because we don't like their chosen life-style or political thoughts. Sounds too much like something Russia or China does to their own citizens that have criticized their own government. I don't know TK, maybe you're beholding to those regimes.
Those hippies weren't shot for "criticizing their own government" any more than BLM was mostly "peaceful protests".

Latest posts

Top Bottom