Shipping ammo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Live ammo has to have the ORM-D label with cartridges, small arms.

You should tell a number of big name places that because they've seemed to forget that. Palmetto State Armory is a big one, all their ammo has regular ORM-D stickers on it from what I've seen lately. I've seen SGAmmo do it too. I think ULINE stopped carrying the sticker.

DOT regulations are switching from ORM-D Catridges, Small Arms label to U.N. diamond label 1.4s but it hasn't taken affect yet and won't until next year IIRC. A lot of ammo manufacturers have started putting the UN diamond on their cardboard but I've seen some retailers even cover up those 1.4S diamond labels with water activated tape and/or the wrong type of ORM-D label.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My label was Cartridges, Small Arms which is, as you indicate, the new requirement. However, I think I read somewhere that you can still use the old ones until 2013. I did a lot of reading, so I could easily be confused.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My label was Cartridges, Small Arms which is, as you indicate, the new requirement. However, I think I read somewhere that you can still use the old ones until 2013. I did a lot of reading, so I could easily be confused.

That's the old(current) requirement actually. The new requirement that is mandatory as of next year is the 1.4S diamond label.

Latest posts

Top Bottom