Shipping containers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have divided property at the ranch in Texas among the family and need to setup a new camp. I think we will go with 40' shipping containers for security reasons.
Anyone have any experience with these? I'm told they can be built out pretty nice (whether by us or bought that way) and secure enough to keep "crackhead cousins" from getting in if someone were to in fact have "crackhead" cousins.

Last edited:

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a house in Sapulpa near ours made out of them.

We have two at our church that have been modified for greater security. If a guy really wanted to get in, and had a torch or some power cutting tools he could get in them, but it would be a real chore. If we ever sell the Sapulpa place, it is our plan to get some land in the greater Broken Bow area, and buy one to keep our stuff in. They are pretty tough.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've thought about doing the same thing. But I don't believe there's any way, short of some kind of illegal repeating booby-trap, to secure remote property against determined nimrods hell-bent on breaking in.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've thought about doing the same thing. But I don't believe there's any way, short of some kind of illegal repeating booby-trap, to secure remote property against determined nimrods hell-bent on breaking in.

There is no crime committed by booby trapping for thieves if you eat all the evidence. Crackheads: The other white meat.

dcmtex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I fear you're right Vamoose but hopefully the vermin I'm trying to keep out won't have a torch handy. If past deeds are a trend they would sell any torch they steal before trying to use it.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I fear you're right Vamoose but hopefully the vermin I'm trying to keep out won't have a torch handy. If past deeds are a trend they would sell any torch they steal before trying to use it.

No, I think they keep those to light their pipes :)

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a couple of shipping containers at my hunting camp. These are much more secure than any wooden structure and probably cost 25% less. They normally come in either 20' or 40' lengths and most are 8' wide and 8' tall, but you can get a high cube at 9' tall. I really like mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom