Shipping delays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No this isn't a rant on any of the courier services out there. Just an observation.

On Friday the 28 of Jan I ordered a replacement hard drive for our server at work. Paid to get it expedited to the office from Kalifornia. It shipped out on Monday of last week. Original label said delivery on the 3rd of Feb. I just received the hard drive today.

I also got notified that a laser drum for one of our printers finally shipped(backordered). It finally made it out of Houston for a 5 day stay. Originally scheduled to be in my hands yesterday. It is instead in Misquite, TX today. Luckily I just need that as an extra. No immediate need there.

Its amazing how much this weather has effected shipping of packages across the country.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Between the weather and a weekend it took an extra 4 days for a Handi I just bought.
I kept getting emails from UPS stating "Delayed because of weather conditions out of our control."

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on stuff that was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday last week.

Does the UPS tracking info look like this for you too?

afarm6.static.flickr.com_5053_5428444743_58248a662b_b.png

I mean really, it's not that bad anymore. I would like to get these new Ranchos installed on my Jeep before Christmas :(

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On top of the weather conditions, did you hear about this one:

FedEx suffers nationwide software glitch on mobile package delivery processing
FedEx package delivery personnel resort to manual processes

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/020711-fedex-glitch.html

AT&T was suppose to overnight my replacement iPhone Thursday. Instead, they ship it out 2-day and so it sat in the Tulsa sorting facility all day yesterday because of the SNAFU mentioned above. I'm still waiting on it...

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our warehouse in in Garland. Freight lines were shut down three days last week in Dallas. I have customers still waiting on stuff because they are behind. Weather has sure messed things up and then we have tomorrow to add to the headache.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks identical to mine, exactly 1 week overdue. I even saw the UPS truck in my neighborhood yesterday. Called UPS and they said we can't hold it until a delivery attempt is made! I am willing to come pick the dang thing up!
No US Mail since Monday either. So much for the old motto....

Does the UPS tracking info look like this for you too?

afarm6.static.flickr.com_5053_5428444743_58248a662b_b.png

I mean really, it's not that bad anymore. I would like to get these new Ranchos installed on my Jeep before Christmas :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom