Shipping delays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchip123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been waiting since the 31st for an order from MidwayUSA, two days in a row it was schedule for delivery then cancelled due to weather emergency from UPS. I have another package coming from Minnasota by USPS, wonder whose will arrive first.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not that UPS can't dlvr your pkg it's that the shipper doesn't want to pay us to dlvr the pkg to your house. There are a lot of shippers out there that have there accounts set up this way it's a way for them to save money.

I think the problem is our rural location. The road to our house is difficult on dry days, much less the snow we have been having.
I'm thinking the big brown trucks could not have made it up our hill. The pony express rider does have a 4X4, but then again they didn't make the new delivery date either with the new snow.
Bladed the road tonight, so maybe tomorrow?:D

mike miller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have a package of steel coming fron New Jersey. Picked up fro shipment there a week ago last Friday. Don't want to bother them right now because of all of this mess. UPS and Fed- Ex as far as I have seen were only out one day last week.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my Midway order has been stuck in OKC since 6:00Am on the 6th. I'm in OKC!
Wouldn't be a problem but there's not a damn thing wrong with the roads here today. I think they (UPS) are milking this whole weather excuse to death.

(Fed-Ex Ground) :anyone:

explain milking it?? and how do you think that is a good business model???

wonder how travelers feel... especially at the airport... "they're just milking it"

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont understand why these shippers arent doing their job around here. I worked 2 part time shifts for UPS as a night shift auditor in Des Moines in the winter of 01' in one of their largest hubs and they never shut down there for anything. They dont know the words 'bad weather' in Iowa because it snows continuously from November to April,almost nonstop. Trucks were being unloaded and loaded and trucks were heading out in sometimes 2-3 feet of snow nightly and daily. I would come out of work at 2am and have to dig my Blazer out just to get home. I'm defenitely not defending them though as my business here relies on them and they almost never get me my stuff when I need it,but neither does FedX,USPS,etc.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
explain milking it?? and how do you think that is a good business model???

wonder how travelers feel... especially at the airport... "they're just milking it"

I'm not saying it's a good business model. I'm also not ragging on the drivers, My normal UPS driver has been really good. I suspect it's a management decision to run less trucks to save money, after all they have a perfect "justification" for it.

But like my post above shows Fed-Ex finally got a package to OKC and then had it on my doorstep in about 6 hours. UPS has had one that got here in OKC on Sunday the 6th. I can understand Tuesday, but the mail came today, and there wasn't a thing wrong with the streets on Monday. So that's 48 hours vs. 6 hours. I dunno...

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Nobody is milking it, we'd all rather get it delivered as soon as possible. This weather has caused havoc with flights, semi runs, and if you take a look at some of the side streets, it's still tough going. PM me if you know anyone looking for a non-career position. A lot of people are out of work in the outdoor type jobs. I might be able to direct them to get something for $12 an hour, no benefits.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes. We run a small business from our home and it is getting tough. UPS will always deliver to business before they will residential. I ordered something from OKC Monday since I did not want to drive there this week and normally here the next day, still not here.

Does the UPS tracking info look like this for you too?

afarm6.static.flickr.com_5053_5428444743_58248a662b_b.png

I mean really, it's not that bad anymore. I would like to get these new Ranchos installed on my Jeep before Christmas :(

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an update on my iPhone replacement... There's blame to go around everywhere here. AT&T directed me to the Apple Store on 1/31, after they were closed. The storm hits and I can't get in there until 2/3. They determine it's out of warranty (I realize they are right, but contrary to AT&T). It's a business account (I pay for the phone but my company picks up the bill) and they can't upgrade me. I then call AT&T back and order my replacement. They agree to overnight it since they dropped the ball on Monday. BUT, someone in fulfillment decides to ship it on Thursday but with Fedex 2-day. It is now scheduled for Monday, 2/7, but get's caught up in the Fedex handheld debacle and sits at the sort facility in Tulsa. On Tuesday there is this mysterious "Delivery Exception" but the roads were absolutely clear, even in my neighborhood. By now it's too late to do anything with the impending second storm, so I call them the next morning and tell them to hold it. I will be driving into the airport today to pick it up myself. Sigh...

[Broken External Image]

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody is milking it, we'd all rather get it delivered as soon as possible. This weather has caused havoc with flights, semi runs, and if you take a look at some of the side streets, it's still tough going. PM me if you know anyone looking for a non-career position. A lot of people are out of work in the outdoor type jobs. I might be able to direct them to get something for $12 an hour, no benefits.

My mailman looks downright sad these days ... poor guy ... I met him at the door yesterday with a cup of hot chocolate. He looked like he was gonna cry he was so grateful.

There are so many jobs out there I couldn't do. Being a delivery person in this kind of weather is one of them.

Oh, and UPS delivered GC's stuff yesterday. I'm still waiting on my books from Amazon that were shipped on Friday but I'm in no hurry ... they'll get here when they get here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom