Shipping delays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had stuff sent by air from California last week and I finally got it yesterday. My other stuff sent USPS I had to go to my towns post office as they hadnt delivered anything to our neighborhood since last Tuesday,even yesterday. My UPS stuff I got a notice that it was 'in transit' between here and Kansas City. Not here yet. I cant do any business right now anyways so I am chill about everything I need,not sweating it.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My midway order has been stuck in OKC since last Tuesday. Nothing that I can't live without for a few more days, so I'll just be patient.

Well my Midway order has been stuck in OKC since 6:00Am on the 6th. I'm in OKC!
Wouldn't be a problem but there's not a damn thing wrong with the roads here today. I think they (UPS) are milking this whole weather excuse to death.

My Dillon order was stuck in Phoenix for three days, went to Ft. Worth and sat for 3 days, and then it was scanned as departing Ft. Worth and it was on my door in less than 4 hours. (Fed-Ex Ground) :anyone:

RussellR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my Midway order has been stuck in OKC since 6:00Am on the 6th. I'm in OKC!
Wouldn't be a problem but there's not a damn thing wrong with the roads here today. I think they (UPS) are milking this whole weather excuse to death.

My Dillon order was stuck in Phoenix for three days, went to Ft. Worth and sat for 3 days, and then it was scanned as departing Ft. Worth and it was on my door in less than 4 hours. (Fed-Ex Ground) :anyone:

Oh yeah we just love all the extra pkgs around the hub and all the extra trailers that we can't unload because were so backed up and the hundreds of phone calls everyday. Your right were just milking it to piss everyone off .

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a good one. Its a first for me when UPS decides to give it to the pony express for delivery.

Shipment Progress
Location Date Local Time ActivityWhat's This?
Ponca City, OK, United States 02/08/2011 12:34 P.M. Tendered to local post office 02/08/2011 5:50 A.M. Destination Scan
02/08/2011 3:06 A.M. Arrival Scan
Oklahoma City, OK, United States 02/08/2011 1:29 A.M. Departure Scan
Oklahoma City, OK, United States 02/07/2011 10:00 P.M. Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.
Oklahoma City, OK, United States 02/01/2011 1:00 P.M. Adverse weather conditions.
Earth City, MO, United States 02/01/2011 2:54 A.M. Departure Scan
Earth City, MO, United States 01/31/2011 10:57 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 01/31/2011 8:28 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

RussellR

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a good one. Its a first for me when UPS decides to give it to the pony express for delivery.

Shipment Progress
Location Date Local Time ActivityWhat's This?
Ponca City, OK, United States 02/08/2011 12:34 P.M. Tendered to local post office 02/08/2011 5:50 A.M. Destination Scan
02/08/2011 3:06 A.M. Arrival Scan
Oklahoma City, OK, United States 02/08/2011 1:29 A.M. Departure Scan
Oklahoma City, OK, United States 02/07/2011 10:00 P.M. Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.
Oklahoma City, OK, United States 02/01/2011 1:00 P.M. Adverse weather conditions.
Earth City, MO, United States 02/01/2011 2:54 A.M. Departure Scan
Earth City, MO, United States 01/31/2011 10:57 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 01/31/2011 8:28 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

It's not that UPS can't dlvr your pkg it's that the shipper doesn't want to pay us to dlvr the pkg to your house. There are a lot of shippers out there that have there accounts set up this way it's a way for them to save money.

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not that UPS can't dlvr your pkg it's that the shipper doesn't want to pay us to dlvr the pkg to your house. There are a lot of shippers out there that have there accounts set up this way it's a way for them to save money.

Yeah, UPS Basic saves shippers about $5-6 per package. It's kind of a joke though...

I should probably be glad I have this week off, although it would have been nice OT this week. They only ran like 2 days last week and didn't do residentials last Friday here in Tulsa. My new AR upper is supposed to be here tomorrow, not going to hold my breath of getting it within the next 6-7 days if this storm hits bad.

Have fun!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the UPS tracking info look like this for you too?

afarm6.static.flickr.com_5053_5428444743_58248a662b_b.png

I mean really, it's not that bad anymore. I would like to get these new Ranchos installed on my Jeep before Christmas :(

GC is having the same problem. Ordered something (I don't know ... cars are not my department! LOL) for the 4Runner on the first ... took the money on the 2nd ... still "processing".

He finally called today ... they told him it shipped this morning. Wish I could remember who he bought from (again, the cars are not my department). :shocked:

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On top of the weather conditions, did you hear about this one:

FedEx suffers nationwide software glitch on mobile package delivery processing
FedEx package delivery personnel resort to manual processes

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/020711-fedex-glitch.html

AT&T was suppose to overnight my replacement iPhone Thursday. Instead, they ship it out 2-day and so it sat in the Tulsa sorting facility all day yesterday because of the SNAFU mentioned above. I'm still waiting on it...

With I.D. our shipping warehouse has always let us come pick it up when they suck to bad to do what they are paid to do.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah we just love all the extra pkgs around the hub and all the extra trailers that we can't unload because were so backed up and the hundreds of phone calls everyday. Your right were just milking it to piss everyone off .

And Fed-Ex doesn't have any of these same types of problems? :scratch:

Check out the tracking on my Fed-Ex package.

Feb 7, 2011 1:04 PM Delivered Oklahoma City, OK Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.
Feb 7, 2011 9:37 AM On FedEx vehicle for delivery OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Feb 7, 2011 7:28 AM At local FedEx facility OKLAHOMA CITY, OK

Feb 4, 2011 3:17 PM Arrived at FedEx location FORT WORTH, TX
Feb 1, 2011 6:13 AM Arrived at FedEx location PHOENIX, AZ
Jan 31, 2011 7:04 PM Arrived at FedEx location TEMPE, AZ
Jan 31, 2011 4:56 PM Picked up TEMPE, AZ
Jan 31, 2011 2:56 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

You have to take the times with a grain of salt because I know for a fact the guy rang my doorbell before 11:30.

Note: My previous post was not a bash on UPS, just an opinion. I've had good luck with UPS, and USPS. I've only had deliveries "rescheduled" by Fed-Ex. None by the other two...

Latest posts

Top Bottom