Shipping powder/primers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swingwing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just recently found out that the ORM-D sticker or symbol has changed. Just an FYI it looks like this now:

upload_2020-8-25_23-47-26.jpeg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah its sounding like I will be keeping the powder and primers. What a pain. Without those added, it's not worth sending the shells either so that went from an awesome care package to diddly squat in a hurry.
I'm pretty sure there's no HAZMAT on loaded ammo. Just proper packaging, labeling and dropping it off at a customer center. Regular shipping fees only.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there's no HAZMAT on loaded ammo. Just proper packaging, labeling and dropping it off at a customer center. Regular shipping fees only.
This is correct. I shipped some 44 ammo to another OSA member, and it was standard shipping rates, but I had to label the package correctly (ORM-D) and drop off directly with UPS, not a shipping hub. Their website has the info one would need to ship loaded small arms ammo.

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-cent.../hazardous-materials/shipping-ammunition.page

Last edited:

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ammo does not require hazmat. Primer or powders require hazmat.

It is also my interpretation that an individual citizen cannot ship powder or primers through a carrier (UPS/FEDEX) even if they are willing to pay the hazmat fee. Only a licensed business (like Powder Valley or MidwayUSA) would be able to ship powder or primers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom