powder and primer storage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can make it festive --- once you put the primers and powder into their little homes, you can even give them a little lead or copper "hat" to really seal in the happy feeling.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1710437384530.png

Got the little hat :D

ForsakenConservative

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep primers in ammo cans with desiccant. Powder jugs I keep in the plastic 5 gallon paint buckets available at Lowes, Walmart, etc. I also put desiccant in the bucket. It’s my thought that this will help keep the powder dry, but the plastic bucket should not be able to pressurize much…. I hope I never get the chance to prove it, though😛.

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We use a powder magazine to store our powder. The magazine wall thickness is one inch or greater.

We store our primers in a fireproof safe.

There are fire code limitations on the amount of primer and powder that can be stored in the residence. There are also specific requirements regarding the storage of powder. In order to be in compliance with your home insurance, you probably would want to look at that.

I figure it's better to be safe than to be sorry later.
I can definitely tell you allow the government to dictate your life, as well I can tell your not a prepper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom