Shooting at Northern Arizona University This Moning - Flagstaff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The shooter, contrary to some reports, did not single out Christians. One of the survivors said, "He had us get up, one by one, and asked us what our religions were. The shooter said (they) would only feel pain for a couple of seconds, and that (they) would be with God soon. And then he shot them." He shot them no matter the response. No one was spared because they said they were not Christian.

You're harshing my victim mentality dude.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing new? Of course.

But in the realm of current events and the renewed push/call for gun control it is perfect timing. The drive by media and aghast soccer moms will hear "another school shooting" on the heels of the last one. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

I doesn't matter one bit how many were killed and how frequent they are.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The common elements are nut case, weapon (of any kind), and gun free zones. The low hanging fruit toward the solution is to eliminate gun free zones.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nothing new? Of course.

But in the realm of current events and the renewed push/call for gun control it is perfect timing. The drive by media and aghast soccer moms will hear "another school shooting" on the heels of the last one. Never let a good crisis go to waste.

I doesn't matter one bit how many were killed and how frequent they are.

We know there is zero chance of any new firearms restrictions passing this congress. And if Obama had the notion to EO some, he would have done it long ago. After all is said and done, a lot will be said and nothing will be done. Relax.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The common elements are nut case, weapon (of any kind), and gun free zones. The low hanging fruit toward the solution is to eliminate gun free zones.

There is no data to suggest that "gun free zones" are being targeted specificity because they are "gun free zones".

Ninety-one of the 134 incidents (68%) took place wholly in private residences. Of the 37 incidents in public spaces, at least 21 took place wholly or in part where concealed guns could be lawfully carried. All told, no more than 17 of the shootings (13%) took place entirely in public spaces that were so-called “gun-free zones.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wonder is there data that shows percent of gun free zones compared to lawful carry zones by numbers? Meaning- if there are 200 times more lawful care places than gun free, then the 17 vs 21 you speak of is not really comparable averages.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wonder is there data that shows percent of gun free zones compared to lawful carry zones by numbers? Meaning- if there are 200 times more lawful care places than gun free, then the 17 vs 21 you speak of is not really comparable averages.

I see what you're saying. Not sure. School shooters target the school they attend or attended. Workplace shooters target the place they work or worked. Other just pick a public place, like McDonald's, Luby's or a movie theater. There is no data that shows, or even suggest, that shooters target "gun free zones".

Latest posts

Top Bottom