Shooting multiple doe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What you do it? (votes aren't public, so be honest)

• Yes

Votes: 33 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is just a scenario question. After having a conversation with a friend of mine, I am curious. If someone was hunting and a group of does was to come across. Can you shoot two at one time? (using some kind of semi-auto).
Not that I have ever tried this, nor will I because the 2nd shot wouldn't be a good one more than likely....but, would this be legal????
Let's not get into ethical details about it, it's just a question.

I have looked at I do not see a law about this type of thing.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just line up the shot and get 2 for 1 if you are that hungry, a 30-30 will kill 2 doe at 95 yards with 1 shot the bullet will almost exit the 2nd deer.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is just a scenario question. After having a conversation with a friend of mine, I am curious. If someone was hunting and a group of does was to come across. Can you shoot two at one time? (using some kind of semi-auto).
Not that I have ever tried this, nor will I because the 2nd shot wouldn't be a good one more than likely....but, would this be legal????
Let's not get into ethical details about it, it's just a question.

I have looked at I do not see a law about this type of thing.

Im taking it you mean 2 doe 2 seperate shots?
There isnt anything illegal about it, I did last year with a bolt action 308 from about 60 yards. Dropped the first one, the second on ran about 10 feet stoped looked back and she got the second shot.

YankeeMN

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can legally take two does why wouldn't you do it? Here in MN we can party hunt, so with 10 guys in our hunting group its not uncommon for one person to take 2-5 deer in a day. I usually take two openiong morning every year. Usually the first one drops, the second one runs a short distance then stops, then bang flop.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the legal max capacity. It says 7 rounds but it looks like it is referring to .22 caliber projectiles, not all calibers. Am I overthinking this?

"Rifles: Centerfire rifles firing at least a 55-grain weight soft-nosed or hollow-point bullet and having an overall cartridge case length of 1 1/4 inches or longer (9mm rifles are not legal). Clips or magazines of all .22 caliber centerfire firearms may not be capable of holding more than seven (7) rounds of ammunition."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its an old law on the books that needs to be revisited and updated by the Dept of wildlife.
If using an ar in .223 or 5.56, you can only have 7 rounds.
If you use an ar in a caliber other than .22 you can load up with a 30 round mag.
Doesn't make sense, but thats the rule.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its an old law on the books that needs to be revisited and updated by the Dept of wildlife.
If using an ar in .223 or 5.56, you can only have 7 rounds.
If you use an ar in a caliber other than .22 you can load up with a 30 round mag.
Doesn't make sense, but thats the rule.

That's dumb. Why don't they fix that?

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's dumb. Why don't they fix that?

We only need about 99,999 more people to write the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife at:[email protected] and tell them what you want to see. Be careful though, if you say "I want it to be equal with .22 caliber ammunition", then they may limit every caliber to the same standard.

Also, don't be afraid to contact more than one commissioner!

Find who your commissioner is by their district:
http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/commission.htm

M. David Riggs - District 1

Ottawa, Delaware, Craig, Mayes, Nowata, Rogers, Washington, Tulsa, Pawnee, and Osage counties.

Bruce R. Mabrey - District 2

Adair, Sequoyah, Cherokee, Wagoner, Muskogee, Haskell, McIntosh and Okmulgee counties.

Mike Bloodworth - District 3

LeFlore, Latimer, Pittsburg, Atoka, Pushmataha, McCurtain, Choctaw, Bryan, Marshall, Carter and Love counties.

Harland Stonecipher - District 4

Creek, Lincoln, Okfuskee, Seminole, Pottawatomie, Pontotoc, Hughes, Johnston, and Coal counties.

Ed Abel - District 5

Logan, Oklahoma, Cleveland, McClain, Garvin, Murray and Payne counties.

John P Zelbst - District 6

Blaine, Kingfisher, Canadian, Caddo, Grady, Comanche, Stephens, Jefferson and Cotton counties.

Mart Tisdal - District 7

Ellis, Dewey, Roger Mills, Custer, Beckham, Washita, Kiowa, Greer, Jackson, Harmon and Tillman counties.

John D. Groendyke - District 8

Cimarron, Texas, Beaver, Harper, Woodward, Woods, Major, Alfalfa, Grant, Garfield, Kay and Noble counties.

Latest posts

Top Bottom