Shooting sport for 15 year old and Myself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any recommendations on a shooting sport that my 15 year old and myself could participate in together, not necessarily as a team. We have .22's .45's semi auto centerfires shotguns. We tried cowboy action but did not enjoy it. thanks
Dave

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any of the action shooting games may work. If your kid is a gun nut and likes modern gadgets and gizmos... start in a USPSA game and move up to 3 gun as he catches the fever.

I can see how SASS may not light a fire under a 15 year old. They like to run....

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a competition really, but you could try an Appleseed shoot....earning that Rifleman patch is competitive and nothing to sneeze at. Also a great father-son weekend.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come out to Heartland with your pistol Sunday night and give the carry gun match a try.

We will also be shooting 3 gun on Sunday at OKCGC. You are both welcome to take a run on a stage with my guns and gear if you like.

If you don't like either of those I'll be really suprised.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would recommend steel challenge. A lot of youth respond well to reactive and instant feedback, hell even at 24 I prefer it. Steel challenge when you hit the target it rings or falls or there is some way of knowing you hit it. Instant gratification.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a 12 or 13 year old girl that just started shooting the matches at heartland with us. She is a helluva shot too. She is very safe A's well.
15 year old 3 gunner Katie Harris just hot signed by Benelli on their very first 3 gun team. So with the proper coaching your son can enjoy theses great action sports. If he starts now he will likely be very successful by the time he's able to legally own his own pistol too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom