Shooting Turtles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This may not be "hunting" but it fit here better than anywhere else.

What if any regs would cover this? I have always put it right up there with killing coyotes, possums or other vermin, but loads more fun. Not to mention that it is pretty much how I leanered to shoot.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it's legal to shoot softshell turtles, but the red ear sliders are protected? The hunting/fishing regs list it under reptiles to be certain.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Turtles is why 62gr HP Silver Bears, lasers, and high cap mags were created.
and to teach grandkids to shoot. Got them a Cricket with an under barrel, clamp mounted laser, .22LR. Switch is just behind trigger guard. Line up sights, depress laser switch to check sight alignment (and I can see, too) , squeeze trigger.

Gotta agree with the zombies. Good news = We go out to the pond and shoot 60 one day and Bad news = there are 60 swimming around the next day. Good news = MORE TARGETS. Bad news = more ammo. Good news = more fun Bad news = more ammo Good news = grandkids LOVE it. Bad news = Grandkids LOVE IT.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I swear the dam things dont die. They are indistructable. Freaking zombies. Only way to kill em is head shots

Pshhh, my 22mag and .303 both make them drt and I have morbid pics to prove it. My wife tore some up with her AR, and they are good practice for me an the 1911 too. In short, you just gotta use enough gun.

Plus, if done right, with an M1 Garand you can make them fly!

Latest posts

Top Bottom