Shoplifters Want Lighter Sentences Because What They Stole Was on Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe we need virtual pockets for online shoplifters?
Dove Cameron Ok GIF by 2022 MTV Video Music Awards

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From a legal point of view it doesn’t surprise me. The lesser tagged value could reduce the crime from Grand Larceny to Petit Larceny.

I remember in the academy when the subject of gas drive offs was discussed the report had to indicate the price of the gas stolen BEFORE taxes.

Since OK state law was changed, shoplifting has skyrocketed because the limits to be charged as Grand Larceny was raised.

Remember all the crying people saying we were putting people in prison for non violent crimes.

“It’s only material things, it can be replaced, no one got hurt”.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Costco yesterday and my son bought some cheap boots and they checked inside the box and said that some lady bought a pair of boots and when she got home an old pair of shoes was in the box. someone had switched out their old shoes for a new pair. Then sometimes people have one foot that is sized smaller than the other and they make a switch-so they have reason to check inside the shoe boxes.

Years ago, I worked up on NW Expressway near where the Venture store was located. We were an electronics store, so Venture's loss prevention people used to come to us to buy parts. They told us of a customer returning with a Christmas tree box and immediately asking for the manager. When the manager arrived, they said that they had purchased the tree that morning, and then they opened to box to show the manager that it was filled with shoes instead of a tree.

Apparently, an employee was stealing the shoes and putting them in the Christmas tree box with plans to buy "that box" later. Being that it was a box for the display tree, they put the box back where it had been and waited for the employee to "buy" the tree.

Latest posts

Top Bottom