Shortage of drug holds up some US executions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a real problem with the execution having to be humane... who gives a crap if they suffer?
I also have a real problem with people being on death row for 30+ years. Totally ridiculas?
Give them 10 days for an appeal and to get right with the Lord and then let'em have it..

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There have been too many people exonerated after years or decades spent in prison, and god knows how many innocent people executed over the years for me to be so cavalier about the death penalty. I would have to witness a capital offense with my own eyes before I would come close to supporting execution. Even then, I wouldn't because it separates us from third-world totalitarian **** holes. Though a super-conservative 'christian' friend of mine supports chopping hands off of thieves, so maybe I mistook the hardcore anti-islamic thing among conservatives over the last decade.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There have been too many people exonerated after years or decades spent in prison, and god knows how many innocent people executed over the years for me to be so cavalier about the death penalty. I would have to witness a capital offense with my own eyes before I would come close to supporting execution. Even then, I wouldn't because it separates us from third-world totalitarian **** holes. Though a super-conservative 'christian' friend of mine supports chopping hands off of thieves, so maybe I mistook the hardcore anti-islamic thing among conservatives over the last decade.

Seen a lot of murder victims in my day, but after having a family member beaten to death with a socket wrench by a three strikes looser and his wife, I have absolutely no compassion for anyone who commits murder. They should all be sent to the Creator for final judgment upon conviction by a court of law. Nothing third world about it in any way shape or form. We put down rabid animals for the health and safety of society, and that is all that a cold blood murderer is, a rabid animal!

Bruno2

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Seen a lot of murder victims in my day, but after having a family member beaten to death with a socket wrench by a three strikes looser and his wife, I have absolutely no compassion for anyone who commits murder. They should all be sent to the Creator for final judgment upon conviction by a court of law. Nothing third world about it in any way shape or form. We put down rabid animals for the health and safety of society, and that is all that a cold blood murderer is, a rabid animal!

Good comparison Squid.

I have thought about that same situation Rob. Mistakes get made , but , more often the right person is executed than the wrong. I look at it like this States like OK, TX and Virginia have a really good deterrent for capital murder. It doesnt stop all murder or our death row would be empty. However, when you compare our murder rate vs very liberal states such CA its significantl lower. People commit murder all the time in CA and only do 10-15yrs for it and are back to gang bangin and robbin. Should we execute the wrong person here and there then they undoubtedly die a martyr. They gave their life so that many of us can participate in a peaceful life w/o having to worry about being murdered or our family members being killed in cold blood. Their death would be as valiant as the death of a soldier in our military.

glock girl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could mix them up a concoction that would work. Wouldn't cost no $350 either. Might sting a little going down, though ... But just for a minute or two ...

Those first 2 drugs in the series are completely unnecessary. I know for a fact that the 3rd drug is very readily available. I give it all the time, and its even often the IV form. :werd:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those first 2 drugs in the series are completely unnecessary. I know for a fact that the 3rd drug is very readily available. I give it all the time, and its even often the IV form. :werd:

Well, if we gotta "be nice" about it I don't know why we don't shoot 'em up with a horse sized syringe of versed followed by two or three horse sized syringes of fentanyl. That should do the trick and not hurt at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom