Shot a Dove Hunter and Some Dove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL....got this guy early as he came into the field to hunt wounded ones I would guess. I load of 8s dropped him in his tracks at 20 yards. Had a good hunt this morning although it was really foggy and you could not see the dove till they were on top of you. My brother and I limited and my son and a buddy got 9 each. We hunted with the Holdereads in Cushing. Saw some eurasians near the cabin but never saw one in the field. Anyone getting any of those?
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_DoveandCoyote.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
had to work a couple of wheat fields this morning in anticipation for planting wheat on tuesday when the seed wheat will arrive so I didn't get to go out today. Congrats on a yote, and a nice limit of dove!

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got this one with copper plated 4 shot 3" mag out of my coach gun, as I always carry two in my pocket for just these occasions.

ai142.photobucket.com_albums_r120_relentless93_photo_5.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good pic relentless. I would not have had time to change loads on mine without getting spotted. I use 3" lead BBs when calling and a patternmaster choke tube.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This particular time I had just emptied the coach and was reloading and I saw it running down the fence beside me, I had the two shells in the front of my vest so it was actually faster than out of my pocket. I hit him at about 10 yards and he rolled over 3 times. When I call I use the 4 shot also, works well for me

Latest posts

Top Bottom