Shotgun Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking around at #8 shot shells for clay shooting and it seems like there is very little under $10 a box - maybe $8.
I can find it, it's just pricey. I'm shooting through what I've had for a while but at some point I need to start replacing it.

Other than reloading.... what are you guys doing, waiting or just biting the bullet and handing over the cash?

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Knew a guy that bought a number of cases at Walmart every dove season. They used to have a boatload for the buying and cheaper than I could reload but I’m not sure if that is still the situation.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been looking around at #8 shot shells for clay shooting and it seems like there is very little under $10 a box - maybe $8.
I can find it, it's just pricey. I'm shooting through what I've had for a while but at some point I need to start replacing it.

Other than reloading.... what are you guys doing, waiting or just biting the bullet and handing over the cash?
Some may disagree, but in my opinion unless you’re already set up to reload, I’d advise biting the bullet and just buying your shells.

Components are starting show back up in stock, but prices aren’t cheap. I haven’t looked lately, but lead shot has been really high. As I said, some may disagree, but I think loading versus buying ammo would be a wash at this point.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
These guys are the cheapest according to ammoseek. I have never shot Nobel ammo though, nor have I done business with the company. seems legitimate though.

https://www.sgogunsandammo.com/product-p/ans121fsc75.htm
SG Ammo out of stillwater has some in the same price range. If i am not mistaken they'll give you a discount if an oklahoma resident, or something like that. Maybe free shipping. If thats the case, it might be worth it with them, cause shipping bulk shotshells is stupid expensive.

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/shotgun-ammunition/12-gauge-ammo?sort=round_low
LAX ammo has some for 8.75. I have ordered ammo from them before, no complaints.

https://www.laxammo.com/ammunition/...-2-3-4-in-1-oz-8-shot-250-rounds-gl128-detail
Cabelas has some sales going on with it being shopping season. I know they offer a 5% off discount for vets, and I think they currently have a special going on where if you buy a gift card, they'll give you a 10% discount on whatever you put on the card, if that makes sense. Youll pay $90 for a $100 gift card. I think the only stipulation is that you have to wait until after december 26th to use the card. I'm thinking of sticking a bunch of money on one myself just for ammo or somthing. 10% off plus my 5% discount adds up.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got the components to reload, or most of them, just don't have the space for it right now, or much experience with it, that's why I didn't go that route with my question.

Some of those $8 boxes are ammo I've never used or heard of.
Not that I'm worldly or anything.....

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have components (especially shot and powder) bought a few years back then reloading 12g and 20g can be economical. I’m still loading 20g target loads for less than $5 a box. Otherwise, factory value pack ammo is the most economical for target shooting. 28g and 410 target ammo is a much different story. I’m loading it for less than $5 a box and saving a crap load of money.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our local Wally's, May 21, 2022

559C4B2F-4DE0-4DEB-95D3-0DD9A3949A19.jpeg

(Edit, correction) Thats $8.04 / 25

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got the RCBS Grand Progressive reloader used when trap shooting a lot.
Still have bags of wads, shot, shells and primers, but got out of trap shooting because it screwed up my upland shooting
Upland birds are getting few and far between now so need to get back into trap shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom