Should I or shouldn't I...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SevenSixTwo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A friend of mine recently let me know that a common aquaintance has an Olympic AR for sale for $600 and I am mildly interested :coffee2:, however I didn't like my last AR15 and I'm not sure that I would like this one. Granted my last AR was a full blown 20" model with the old A2 style buttstock, but I still didn't like it.

I currently own a lancaster arms bulgy AK74 that I love to death, it is my favorite rifle right now. I don't like the fact that there is no way to reload its ammo and that there are no domestic manufacturers yet, both benefits of the AR15. I would like another AR15, especially a carbine, because they are so bloody common its not funny. Almost everyone who owns a rifle owns an AR15. I just don't know if its worth the money to buy another caliber to feed...:grumble: My indecisiveness drives me nuts sometimes!

What say you?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Olympics are not highly regarded, but will work fine as a plinker. At $600 I hardly see how you could get hurt on it. You might even turn a small profit if you do decide to sell it later.

txnavalaviator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
offer him $550 for it....

I traded off my ak74. the 5.45 round isn't unpopular anymore and prices have gone up/ mostly corrosive. If you think 5.56 is getting too expensive to feed for how often you like to shoot get a .22 conversion.
just my oppinion.

SevenSixTwo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am very tempted to say the least. This rifle supposedly only has 50 rounds through it. Makes me wonder whats wrong with it (probably nothing, the guy just needs to pay bills). If I could get a guaranteed sale on the bulgy with its mags and ammo I would be even more tempted.
Oh, something else I was wondering. Will AK74 magazines fit into ar15 vests/mag pouches?

Buzz70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am very tempted to say the least. This rifle supposedly only has 50 rounds through it. Makes me wonder whats wrong with it (probably nothing, the guy just needs to pay bills). If I could get a guaranteed sale on the bulgy with its mags and ammo I would be even more tempted.
Oh, something else I was wondering. Will AK74 magazines fit into ar15 vests/mag pouches?

Hey if you pass tell your buddy you know someone who will give him $550 for it.:naughty:

Latest posts

Top Bottom