Should make most of you smile

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand how people could treat property so poorly?

Because it isn't their house and they aren't paying the rent.

I've got a buddy who has a bunch of rent houses and the stuff in this video is the norm for him. He has the court procedures for eviction memorized...he has a handyman and house cleaner/trash hauler on speed dial. He figures the cost of all this into his expenses....

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand how people could treat property so poorly?

I've done some work with and for various housing authorities through out the years. If I said this was an exception and not the rule, that wouldn't be true, but then again, it certainly isn't typical. It's way more prevalent than it should be, but after having spent some time around the folks that run them, they aren't surprised by anything they see, and they described things to me that make me a little nauseous just listening to the stories.

It's really sad that there is a component of our society that hasn't evolved out of the caveman era.

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago I rented an apartment in a nice complex in South Tulsa. After a few months, there were enough vacancies that the prop. mgmt. folks decided to go section 8. I was paying close to $800/mo for a 1 bedroom, the section 8 folks were paying $25/mo for the same units. My car was broken into and the window broken out 3 times in a one month period. You could no longer leave your laundry unattended in the laundry room or it would disappear. The fluorescent bulbs were stolen out of the fixtures, so it was always dark in many areas. The population literally doubled as soon as a few units were filled. The once-quiet pool area now looked like a Rwanda refugee camp (not a racist statement, just a visual). I had to break my lease to get out of there, which cost me an additional $500 on top of everything else.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good.

i.imgur.com_cjqmpUj.gif

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years ago I rented an apartment in a nice complex in South Tulsa. After a few months, there were enough vacancies that the prop. mgmt. folks decided to go section 8. I was paying close to $800/mo for a 1 bedroom, the section 8 folks were paying $25/mo for the same units. My car was broken into and the window broken out 3 times in a one month period. You could no longer leave your laundry unattended in the laundry room or it would disappear. The fluorescent bulbs were stolen out of the fixtures, so it was always dark in many areas. The population literally doubled as soon as a few units were filled. The once-quiet pool area now looked like a Rwanda refugee camp (not a racist statement, just a visual). I had to break my lease to get out of there, which cost me an additional $500 on top of everything else.

It's the poverty and hopelessness that causes this. Everywhere, worldwide. Oh, and education. Poverty, hopelessness, and a lack of education. And a lack of father figures. And lack of opportunity. And......and.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom