Shoulder holsters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the weather beggining to cool I'm thinking of trying a shoulder holster this year. I'm looking at the triple k or bianchi viper. Will be carrying a glock 19 or 22. Any members have any experiance with either one or recommend another shoulder rig?

shooter226

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like the Galco Miami Classic. Its great for sitting around. Even with a seat belt you can get your gun. You must practice not to sweep your arm on the draw. but Its a very comfortable holster for sitting a lot.
Mark

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a Galco Classic Lite. Great deal at $70 http://www.opticsplanet.com/galco-c...lock-23-glock-19-glock-27-right-hand-nat.html

Some people love or hate these. 9 times out of 10, the ones who hate it and claim that it doesn't balance well probably has the straps adjusted wrong. The trick is to adjust it so that the under straps are shorter than the over the shoulder straps. This causes the cross plate to sit in the middle of the back about 4 inches lower than your collar.

Most people have these set the opposite and the cross plate will be riding right up on their necks and will cause issues of your clothing constantly bunching up constantly having to fiddle with your rig due to balance issues.

The Miami classic is a great holster, as well. I just don't need a shoulder holster that that heavy duty, since I'm not needing it for any type of duty type work. The classic lite wears great summer or winter.

shooter226

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I looked at a new Galco holster that a friend bought that held the gun vertical. It should be clipped to a belt but was well make. I like the Miami Classic better. Be sure to get the thin straps.
Mark

shelshy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for the Galco Classic Lite. I carry my G23 in it and can also carry my full size M&P40 in the same holster if I want to. The Miami Classics are great, too, as are the original Galco shoulder rigs, "The Jackass".

Latest posts

Top Bottom