Shtf or bob complete pack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red dawn in Midwest city has alot of useful info on this subject along with alot of classes. Located off of 15th street across from rose state college. Very helpful people.

Merlin72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have built quite a few BOB's for people. I can do them with or without weapons , knives , flashlights , etc... The biggest problem I run into when building them is everyone has a different opinion on what they think they need for bugging out and how it is going to take place. I have done some cheaper kits with quality products in the $500.00 range all the way up to an Eberlestock Operator decked out with an AR with 250 rounds an XDM40 with 200 rounds and every other needed and un needed essential you can think of. After all was said and done on that one you could hardly pick it up. God forbid you were on foot and had to actually carry it. With all this said if you would like for me to put one together for you I can. I personally have 4 seperate bags packed. I have a smaller pack with bare necessity stuff and then my regualar pack that go with me everywhere I go. Then at home I have a bag thats packed with enough stuff for my family and another with just food. Feel free to PM if you have any questions or want any suggestions on some of the stuff I have found that works well for me. It is actually kind of fun researching items and building your kit yourself though if you have the time. By doing so you are alot more familiar with what all is in your pack and more importantly how to use it. One of the biggest things to have in a situation is knowledge. What good is a pack of supplies if you don't know how to use them ?

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do I'll buy one.

In order to build it correctly, I would need to know a lot more about you and your preplan than you may be comfortable with sharing. Some examples: Method of travel (mounted, vehicle type, or dismount), resources at safe area, distance, potential threat(s), and so on. In building your own, you have an opportunity to mentally exercise your contingencies. The 72 hour rule is now 'officially' 96 hours if you plan to rely on .gov for your relief column. As with any .gov assistance, this will come at a substantial cost, the least of which will be giving up your right to protection. You will go from citizen to evacuee. This is the far end of the spectrum.

If you are simply looking for a bag to get you from work to home, for example, this becomes easier. Calculate the longest amount of time it will take you, on foot, to get from a chosen point to your designated safe area using the 'safest' route devoid of potential obstacles. That will give you a time frame for water and food. The rest of your equipment would be a enhanced survival kit (shelter, warmth, fire, first aid). The food, water, and defensive capabilities will have the most carry weight.

ALWAYS have a good knife/multi tool.

If you have a cost in mind, I can offer up some suggestions. Also, check out some of the books I will recommend to XD-9 below. They can help you get some ideas.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTJ - can you recommend a book or books? I'm not against educating myself.

Here are a few: Bug Out: The complete plan....A good start if you are new to this. By Scott B. Williams. Available on Kindle.

Build the Perfect Survival Kit. John D. McCann. Breaks down and sources many different types of kits and equipment.

Lights Out: While a fiction book, a good story about long term post-incident life in a suburban setting. Not too over-the-top and thought provoking.

Where there is no Doctor/Dentist. Cannot recall author.

Lots of survival forums, ARFCOM, and so on. Just filter out the mutants and zombie hunters. LOL.

I will see what else I have. Most books deal with wildland survival techniques. Taking a CERT course and a First Responder/EMT Basic is good also.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom