Cross country moving fairly large gun collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was actually wondering about shipping them FFL to FFL. Would a background check for each and every one be required? At both ends of the transaction? How could I receive the guns if I only just arrived in the new state?

If you would take a little time to research this instead of arguing about corrupt cops, you might find answers much quicker.

You can ship guns to an address in another state, in care of yourself, and take possession of the guns once you're there. This stuff is easily found on the ATF website.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most are too small. Or become too small over time. Things are misplaced, misfiled, etc. Most have cameras EVERYWHERE. Access (in my experience) was strictly limited to the civilian employees who worked in them and command staff, occasionally to supervisory staff for one reason or another.

I personally don't know of any officer that would've jeopardized his $50k to $100k yearly income to steal a gun worth a few hundred dollars or even more. Not only that, I knew very, very few cops across many agencies who were gun people. Most of them knew basic safety and how to use and maintain their duty gun. Beyond that, most were clueless.

Who told you that? Certainly no one here. You seem to have a habit of misstating things and changing your story, though.
What did I misstate? How did I change my story?

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you would take a little time to research this instead of arguing about corrupt cops, you might find answers much quicker.

You can ship guns to an address in another state, in care of yourself, and take possession of the guns once you're there. This stuff is easily found on the ATF website.
I try to stay off ATF's radar by not going onto their site. I'm sure you've probably heard that the main shippers refuse to ship firearms unless you've got an FFL and some kind of prior agreement with them because I seem to recall seeing your comments in those conversations?

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did I misstate? How did I change my story?

Who told you it was impossible for something to come up missing from an evidence room?

You went from a guy putting his stuff back in his car, in the dark, to having four patrol cars and "multiple" officers crawling all over the car and the driver (we don't know if this was the same poor guy repacking the car or not...I doubt you do, either) being questioned by the police.

That's how you misstated things and changed your story. Sorry...how you added context to the original story.

The fact is you have no idea what transpired there.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try to stay off ATF's radar by not going onto their site. I'm sure you've probably heard that the main shippers refuse to ship firearms unless you've got an FFL and some kind of prior agreement with them because I seem to recall seeing your comments in those conversations?

Holy s**t, dude... Really? Now you're scared to go to the ATF website?

I'm sure you remember me also saying that not allowing non-FFL holders to ship thru FedEx/UPS was their policy...not the law. Many people violate that policy...myself included...to ship guns. I'm sure you also remember I pointed out that long guns can be mailed by non-FFLs.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who told you it was impossible for something to come up missing from an evidence room?

You went from a guy putting his stuff back in his car, in the dark, to having four patrol cars and "multiple" officers crawling all over the car and the driver (we don't know if this was the same poor guy repacking the car or not...I doubt you do, either) being questioned by the police.

That's how you misstated things and changed your story. Sorry...how you added context to the original story.

The fact is you have no idea what transpired there.
You really are a piece of work. A natural born troll... Wait. I know! You act just like a liberal - can't see any evidence without a confession! I just have to block idiots...

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is the best/safest way to transport a significant amount of firearms across several state lines when relocating/moving to a new home? I'm contemplating moving back to Ohio from Oklahoma, but I'm concerned about being pulled over by various states' police force(s) who may be inclined to confiscate my firearms/ammo (and/or knives/cutting/chopping instruments) for their own personal benefit.

I was thinking about using one of those shipping container services where I pack it and I lock it (and only I have a key) while they transport it to my new home and park it in the driveway for me. Has anyone ever used this kind of service?

I suppose I watch too many YouTube videos where the police (usually highway patrol) make up bogus reasons to pull people over and coerce them into agreeing to vehicle searches or call in drug sniffing dogs and force the dogs to false alert on the vehicle so they can search and when they find nothing in the end they drive off leaving all the guy's belongings strewn all over the roadside and their car seats slit open in multiple spots where they probed for 'hidden drugs.' Of course the police mostly target vehicles with out-of-state tags.
I sure wouldn't pull over and spend the nite anywhere along the way .

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When is the last time you saw a U-Haul, pickup towing a trailer or pickup loaded Beverly Hillbilly's style getting pulled over? Ain't nobody got time for that. Avoid places that are dangerous, high crime rates or unconstitutional. It's really not a big deal...

Latest posts

Top Bottom