Cross country moving fairly large gun collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
rhart, there is an old saying, the things you own will one day own you, and those guns own you buddy. The way you're worrying over your collection could lead to an early grave. Have you given any thought to selling some, most, or all? It would set you free. Take the load off, think what your life could be like, travel all you want with out worry, no cops, stop wherever and have coffee and a cigar. Start living again. I wish you luck.

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
rhart, there is an old saying, the things you own will one day own you, and those guns own you buddy. The way you're worrying over your collection could lead to an early grave. Have you given any thought to selling some, most, or all? It would set you free. Take the load off, think what your life could be like, travel all you want with out worry, no cops, stop wherever and have coffee and a cigar. Start living again. I wish you luck.
Huh, never heard that saying before, but it sounds like a pretty good one. Yes, I've thought about selling. At 71 years old I sure don't shoot like I used to and you're right it would set me free in a lot of ways. I recently gave a pistol away to my oldest grandson and sold a couple in the last year or so. Sounds like pretty soon we will have to make sure we don't sell a gun for more than we bought it for or sell more than 5 in a year though (may be my tin foil hat talking there though LOL...).

rhart

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I want to apologize for wasting everybody’s time as I have decided not to move to Ohio at this time (although the knowledge gained from you all will help in the future - thanks). My two youngest grandkids have been crying their eyes out and begging me not to go ever since their mom told them I was leaving last night. They really know how to tug on my heart strings by constantly telling me how much they love me. It really makes an old guy feel good.

We’ve agreed to wait another year at least for me to move out and even then I’m going to try harder to find a place that my Social Security can afford instead of moving out of state (no guarantees as the economy is anyone’s guess). Maybe I can get some real sleep tonight now that the decision is made. Thanks again everybody!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your pobably talking about POD's. They set the container in your yard, you fill it and they transport it.
Probably pretty expensive.
When my son moved to Massachusetts for a new job about 4-years ago he used Pods for his move. He and his SO packed them (including both hand and long guns), locked them, then they were picked-up an put on an 18-wheeler flat-bed and shipped North so that the Pods arrived at their new home on the designated day they had chosen.

Scott said that the whole thing was, safe, easy, and well coordinated, but expensive. His move from Mustang, OK to Dalton, MA using the Pods system cost him, including insurance, about $9K total for the move.

Latest posts

Top Bottom