Sig Classic SWAT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have one of these and have any comments?

What's a fair price on a new one? There seems to be quite a range on Gunbroker. The one I was looking at is $1730 with a "free" Sig 522, so effectively the 556 is ~$1230.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I had found another thread talking about the deal after busting out the GoogleFu. After doing a bit of research and calling around, I went ahead and ordered, feel like it's a pretty good deal for both guns, probably a bit high if one was considering the 556 alone.

gyolai - I'll be hanging on to the 522, thanks for the offer though. I've been wanting one of these since they came out. Supposed to be one of the better "tactical" .22's.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That seems like a really good deal. I payed a bit too much for a 556 Classic during the panic like an idiot (this was before the 522 was even released, so no freebie).

I've been really happy with my 556. It gets way more trigger time than my AR. It's extremely accurate and reliable, and a ton of fun to shoot.

One tip: Do NOT use the Sig magazines. They are unreliable, hard to load, and generally complete crap. Use good USGI or PMags like you would on the AR. I bought extra Sig mags (also like an idiot, notice a pattern? :scratch:) at the same time I bought the rifle.

Also, this site can be extremely helpful if you have questions about the gun. The guy who runs it is a Sig 55x platform guru, so there's lots of good info there.

gyolai

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgot to mention that I had found another thread talking about the deal after busting out the GoogleFu. After doing a bit of research and calling around, I went ahead and ordered, feel like it's a pretty good deal for both guns, probably a bit high if one was considering the 556 alone.

gyolai - I'll be hanging on to the 522, thanks for the offer though. I've been wanting one of these since they came out. Supposed to be one of the better "tactical" .22's.

i would too good luck and let me know how it turns out

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just thought I might follow up here. I received my 556 about 3 weeks ago and put about 150 rounds down range. It felt great, I like it. However, I couldn't get the thing on target at all. It was shooting about 30" low and 12" to the left and the rear sight was jacked up, I couldn't adjust it at all. The other thing I noticed (I don't know if this is normal or not), but the top rail bends down after leaving the area over the receiver to where it attaches at the gas block, when I put a straight edge on it, there appears to be a 1/4" slope beginning at the front of the upper receiver down to the block, it's flat along the upper receiver.

I guess Sig has pretty good customer service (at this point) as I called this morning and they emailed me a UPS overnight label to get it to them to check it out and will ship it back all on their dime. So, hopefully they'll figure something out, in the very least the rear sight has to be fixed or replaced.

The 522 is awesome.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
....And to follow up.....

I had begun to psych myself out that maybe I was just a lousy shot and it wasn't the gun. But, I got a call from Sig Sauer this morning that not only was there a problem with the gun, but instead of fixing it, they are replacing the whole damn thing. I thought that was pretty cool. Also, it turns out the label they sent me was not overnight, but ground shipping, so it was delivered one week and one day ago to them, and they called me this morning to verify my FFL so they can ship the new one out. At this point it's only been about two weeks without, hopefully I'll have it by the end of the week. That's about the fastest turn around time I've ever had on a warrantied-by-the-manufacturer product.

Hopefully the replacement turns out to be a shooter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom