Sig P320 failed "firing pin return spring" during steel match

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thoughts? I put the section of the title in quotes because there are 3 springs as part of the striker assembly IIRC and after Sig inspection did not designate which spring it was. I find it interesting because he says his SN is post fix.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that. Very disappointed about the incident. Glad Gunghis_Khan is ok. This is so similar to my activity over the last 2-3 years. Over 800 rounds fired out of my Sig Sauer P320’s. Participated in Steel Challenge matches, self defense pistol classes. Lots of pistol range, drawing/firing training sessions, safe drawing/reholstering training class, on my own time, on my own dime, instructor led. CCW most every day using a Blade Tech 2.0 Eclipse kydex holster. Checked the muzzle direction, when holstered on mine,,, not pointing at my leg/foot. Off to my right rear flank, due to the forward tilt direction I adjusted my holster. I strive to draw, present, fire, reholster without covering myself or touching the trigger until sights are on the target. My pistols have never fired until I’ve chambered a live round, stroked the trigger.

Last edited:

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What happened with your 556? I have a 556 and a 556R.
So, after learning of the canted recievers, I checked mine out and sure enough it was canted though I had never noticed it. Sent it in to get it right. This was about the time that Sig came out with the Xi, and people were buying up spare parts like crazy. It took Sig 5 months to get it back to me because....

They lost my gas block. Kinda funny since at first they were just tap dancng and throwing out excuses as to why it was taking so long. Ohhhh they had a back log... Ohhhhh we are waiting on parts... (parts for what???? A new reciever???) A few other excuses too, but they finally decided to admit they lost my gas block and ended up having to buy one off gunbroker. Plus side I got a actual Sig 551 gas block

They not so good side is, the receiver was still canted though not as much. They said it was within spec so they were good as far as they were concerned

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s almost identical to the problems I have with a Vector HK SBR. Front sight is canted and when I sent it back they said it was still in spec.

zerofx15

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is very unfortunate to hear, but I am glad that he is okay. I love the Hammer fired Sig's, but after hearing about the issue of the weapon firing in holsters from government agents and police departments, I could never trust the P320 even after owning the Gen 1 and 2. Safety is paramount and creates doubt when your weapon can take your life when it is meant to help protect you.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After I watched the video this thought came to mind..
Thankfully he was shooting a 320 chambered in the 9mm, some already know where I’m going.
If this incident had occurred with a 320 chambered in 45acp that folder would have been blown into a hundred pieces, the bullet and the resulting shrapnel charge no doubt would have blown his leg completely off!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom