Sig Sauer P365

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good or bad, I'll bet it's setting pre order sales records. I'm ok jumping in on a new gun. I did my research and if there is an issue, Sig will do everything to make me happy. Their life is dependant on it.
I'm happy but I may or may not be on prescriptions meds....:hypnotize:

Uh...the reason a lot of us are waiting on this gun is: YOUR life may be dependent on it.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a heads up, seems they are shipping these with a grease... some say it's cosmoline.... haven't seen it myself. Either way, they are doing this with the P320 X5s and guys are running to the range and letting er rip with issues. They then them up and lube them and they eat everything like candy. I clean and lube every gun I buy but I guess some don't.

APH Tactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
seems they are shipping these with a grease... and guys are running to the range and letting er rip with issues.

Hey JD8, are you saying they ship the P365 with a separate package of grease that people are supposed to be applying and not, or that the guns come pre-greased and that grease is causing problems?
If it's there former it sounds like they are making an honest effort to inexpensively fix the "Limp wristing" issues ALL the media guys were having with the 365 at Sig's "Area 51" range a couple weeks prior to release, and maybe they should include a separate flyer with the package outlining how to properly lube their gun.
But if it's the latter... it looks like this is either another "fix" that wasn't thoroughly tested, or the same issue they were already aware of but decided to ignore.
And Yes you should always lube up a new gun before shooting it, but in my opinion the gun shouldn't DEMAND doing so to properly function.

Either way it's still early in the game and there's still plenty of time for them to get this sorted out before most of the preorder guys' guns ship, and I really hope they do
I've got plans for mine

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey JD8, are you saying they ship the P365 with a separate package of grease that people are supposed to be applying and not, or that the guns come pre-greased and that grease is causing problems?
If it's there former it sounds like they are making an honest effort to inexpensively fix the "Limp wristing" issues ALL the media guys were having with the 365 at Sig's "Area 51" range a couple weeks prior to release, and maybe they should include a separate flyer with the package outlining how to properly lube their gun.
But if it's the latter... it looks like this is either another "fix" that wasn't thoroughly tested, or the same issue they were already aware of but decided to ignore.
And Yes you should always lube up a new gun before shooting it, but in my opinion the gun shouldn't DEMAND doing so to properly function.

Either way it's still early in the game and there's still plenty of time for them to get this sorted out before most of the preorder guys' guns ship, and I really hope they do
I've got plans for mine

Reports are that the P365s and P320 X5s have "grease" or some sort of heavy "lube" from the box. Wished these guys would post some pics of it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha. When it comes in, I'll bring it to an ENS. I'll have it locked in a case made of 500 steel, wrapped in bubble wrap and attached to a 10' pole.
Ha.
Wish I could go tomorrow.

Yeah, we'll miss you too. But like we said to others who can't make it: We will post pics.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I handled one. Felt better in the hand to me than a Kahr or G43. Trigger felt nowhere near 6.5-7 lbs - more like 4.

Latest posts

Top Bottom