Sig Sauer P365

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a heads up, seems they are shipping these with a grease... some say it's cosmoline.... haven't seen it myself. Either way, they are doing this with the P320 X5s and guys are running to the range and letting er rip with issues. They then them up and lube them and they eat everything like candy. I clean and lube every gun I buy but I guess some don't.

Agree 100%, whether it's new or used. I field strip, clean/inspect and lube as appropriate every time before taking a new gun to the range. This lets me make sure the gun was assembled correctly and also lets me function test the gun before a live round gets fired. A good visual and mechanical inspection can also help you make sure its not going to go kaboom in your hand.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being a SIG guy I really like the looks and feel of the P365. The battering of some makes me want to wait it out for awhile (at least until they make the IOP program.) Besides my Timex(s) just keep on ticking.
P239 007 (2).JPG

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being a SIG guy I really like the looks and feel of the P365. The battering of some makes me want to wait it out for awhile (at least until they make the IOP program.) Besides my Timex(s) just keep on ticking.
View attachment 114042
Interesting... That looks more like a P239 DAK.
Edit: Oh--that's the "Timex" you're referring to.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well boys, went to the range this morning just before lunch and there's good and bad.

The Good:

This thing is ridiculously easy to shoot for a small gun, trigger is nice as previously mentioned and the reset is short. It likes hot ammo and shoots lights out with it....
I shot....

115gr WWB
147gr Blazer
124gr Blazer
115gr Magtech
115gr Fiochi XTP JHP

The Bad:

I had several issues with 115gr 9mm. I had one hiccup with the 124gr, and none with the 147 or Fiochi.
I had some WWB left over, but to rule out issues I tried some Magtech 115gr and it didn't like it either. I went through 200rds and probably had 8-9 issues. FTRB and light primer strikes. I did well with some Fiochi 115 XTP JHP that I had.

I've called Sig and they are sending me a return label. They said that they will also upgrade my sights to the X-ray sights as well since I didn't get them. I didn't mention or complain about this as it didn't bother me but I'll take it.

There ya have it boys, I'm your beta tester.

On a more positive note, I took my Shield 45 to the range too and had a great experience. I'll post about that later.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks that it has to go back to Sig. getting upgraded sights is nice, but doesn’t make up for the hassle. Did you notice any of the peening to the barrel or slide that seems to be cropping up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sucks that it has to go back to Sig. getting upgraded sights is nice, but doesn’t make up for the hassle. Did you notice any of the peening to the barrel or slide that seems to be cropping up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was going to strip it tonight and inspect. There was nothing of note when I cleaned it up.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks JD8, for an honest appraisal. Sorry to hear of these issues though. I wonder if the WWB 115 gr stuff was a bad lot? Did you by any chance shoot that same ammo out of a different gun to rule that out? I have had some bad WWB in various calibers on occasion; I'd just like to rule out the possibility that it was the ammo and not the pistol that was the cause of the problems. Dammit, I was really hoping to hear all was good.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Bad:

I had several issues with 115gr 9mm. I had one hiccup with the 124gr, and none with the 147 or Fiochi.
I had some WWB left over, but to rule out issues I tried some Magtech 115gr and it didn't like it either. I went through 200rds and probably had 8-9 issues. FTRB and light primer strikes. I did well with some Fiochi 115 XTP JHP that I had.

Ruh roh, that's a sauer note for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom