Sig Sauer P6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up one of these little guns in trade last weekend and was wondering if anyone's had any experience with one. I already ordered a P225 factory mainspring to try and ease the DA first shot pull, but have yet to fire it. Waiting on Brownells. Fit to my hand is excellent, and seems like a good ccw at first glance. Any insider info on extra magazines and sights at a decent price would be a huge plus. Thanks for any help.

R

RLC

Try "Sig Forum" for info & products...lots of threads on the P6.

I have never owned a P6/P225 but have shot them...NICE...it's a classic German (maybe W. German) folded steel slide...it gets no better in my opinion.

What date code is on your gun?

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sig Sauer 1.jpg

Sig Sauer 2.jpg

Sig Sauer 3.jpg

4/79. Pictures added...

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure, I guess it could be. There is an eagle and then something else? Maybe you can tell me what it means.....

Sig Sauer 5.jpg

I found this on wikipedia....it is the closest thing I could find, although it is not Swiss. It is the flag of Brandenburg, which is a German federal state, but the dates don't jive: wikipedia says it is a new German state reinstated after 1990. With a date of 4/79, the gun would have belonged to the Russians before the reunification...maybe I am barking up the wrong tree...354px-Brandenburg_Wappen_svg.jpg

Last edited:

Manna

Marksman
Reaction score
Your P6 looks like it’s in great shape. I picked on up from someone on this forum a couple months ago and it’s a very accurate shooter. Really can’t beat the early Sig guns for how well engineered they are. Quickly becoming my favorite gun!

I changed out the main spring from the factory 28 lb to a 20 lb and the pull is much improved. The P225 has a 25 lb spring. Think I still have a new in the package Wolf 22 lb and a 25 lb spring that I would be more than glad to give you if you can use them.

The only issue I’ve heard about the P6/P225’s is a problem feeding hollow-points with guns produced before the mid eighties. The barrel feed ramp was changed slightly after at that time to better feed hollow-point. Mines an 81 model but I haven’t tried hollow-points yet so I can’t confirm that.

Magazines are a little hard to find. There was a dealer at the OKC gunshow last week that had a bunch of them but if I remember correctly he wanted $45 a piece for them.

Enjoy your P6!!!

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
P6 is a great pistol. I had mine cleaned up by olyeller. Had it stripped down and the trigger smother up and had it cerakoted, sweet shooter now. And pretty reasonable

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I may have to look up olyeller and get him to work on mine as well, provided I can't live with the gun after I change out the spring. Really, the DA trigger pull is the only thing I don't care much for on the gun so far. Night sights might be in the future for it, or at least some form of contrasting front and rear, but they will work for now.

Out of curiousity, what are the numberings on your front and rear sights? Mine has a #8 front and #7 rear. I wonder how this will affect the POI vs POA? From what I have read, it is kinda a crap shoot on what height sights you find on these guns. Does anybody know what range they are supposed to be zeroed/regulated to?

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love the P6. I have had two of them. Never one hiccup from either. In fact, the one I have now I picked up on the forum a few years back. Got it new, unfired! :patriot: Beauty! I have pics around here somewhere.

Latest posts

Top Bottom