Sig wins Next Gen Squad Weapon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not an engineer, didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn or nuthin. I do have some experience in manufacturing and a general nerdship for materials engineering. The most amazing thing I see is the bi-metal cartridge case. I would love to see that joint between the case head and body. When that guy said they still have 45k psi of head room on the case I could hear AR manufacturers synchronized crapping themselves. What does the bolt on this new series of Sigs look like? I’m thinking roller delayed or tri-lugged is going to see a resurgence. Like JEVapa said, we gots techologies and they’re awesome!

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
The Mil cartridge is pretty much only gonna be mil. The pressures are so high that it will cost too much and I don’t see other companies making rifles capable of shooting the military load. The commercial loading for the Fury is much more mild and more like a regular cartridge.

We’ll see how it goes though…

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep they spent the bucks , cool. Still the system is flawed, The light machine gun will not replace the M240. It will remain 7.62x51 meaning we are adding a new cartridge into the supply chain. The XM250 is going to standardize with a 50 round soft magazine. Surely there will be 100 round bags. The M249 stand bag load is 200 rounds. At any rate read it and consider. I notice they will start issuing this fall. That will tell the tale.

https://www.guns.com/news/2022/05/17/more-on-the-armys-new-xm5-xm250-next-gen-weapons
https://www.military.com/equipment/m240b-machine-gun
https://www.defense.gov/News/News-S...unces-2-new-rifles-for-close-combat-soldiers/
Well, how’s that crew served SAW going Mr. Machunegun?

And that’s an old ass article too ray epps Jr

Last edited:

Rickt300

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How’s that crew served M249 doing?
In this thread junior I have made no reference to the 249 being crew served. The 240 was crew served. How about addressing the far fewer rounds a squad will be able to put out with these weapons? Or adding a new round to the supply chain? I am not saying that there is no room for improvement as far as the 5.56 is concerned but it appears we are destined to relearn why the 308 was discarded. Beyond that a good question is how long will a suppressor last under the storm of muzzle pressure and powder fouling 80K PSI will cause before needing service? Will the weapon function properly without the suppressor? Will the muzzle blast be so bad it distracts other squad members? I note that uppers will be available in 7.62 and 6.5 Creedmoor. Do you actually think Nato will embrace this new expensive to produce round? Many questions and you seem to not want to engage them.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In this thread junior I have made no reference to the 249 being crew served. The 240 was crew served. How about addressing the far fewer rounds a squad will be able to put out with these weapons? Or adding a new round to the supply chain? I am not saying that there is no room for improvement as far as the 5.56 is concerned but it appears we are destined to relearn why the 308 was discarded. Beyond that a good question is how long will a suppressor last under the storm of muzzle pressure and powder fouling 80K PSI will cause before needing service? Will the weapon function properly without the suppressor? Will the muzzle blast be so bad it distracts other squad members? I note that uppers will be available in 7.62 and 6.5 Creedmoor. Do you actually think Nato will embrace this new expensive to produce round? Many questions and you seem to not want to engage them.

Talking out your neck. You changed from SAW and M60 to 240 now? lol And please lemme know how much time you got on an MG, juniorDB. And how much time you got in Acquisitions? Oh, and how much time you got doing Ray Epps sh*t? lol 🤡🤡

Rickt300

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talking out your neck. You changed from SAW and M60 to 240 now? lol And please lemme know how much time you got on an MG, juniorDB. And how much time you got in Acquisitions? Oh, and how much time you got doing Ray Epps sh*t? lol 🤡🤡
I have no idea why you are acting like a jerk. Comparing the new weapons to older versions is how you decide if the new are actually better designs. The new cartridge is closer in size to the 7.62 than the 5.56 so it is normal to compare the two. The new weapons also have lesser round capacities and if you had any ability for reading comprehension as I provided an excellent link for said comparison.

Latest posts

Top Bottom