Sighting in scopes at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know they only have 30 yards, and that isn't likely to change, but that should enable one to do a fair job of sighting in a scoped rifle.

I have tried everything I can think of, and seem to be able to get close, but any precision evades me.

My problem seems to be that, even with sandbgs, I can't get a steady enough rest to repeat results. My groups, with rifles capable of one hole at 100 yards, are typically about an inch and a half.

Any advice will be appreciated. CB

Boomer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
get you a shooting vise and try to stay off the rifle as much as possible

the more of you on the rifle the less accurate the rifle will be

Just my opinion...........

DestructoJr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know they only have 30 yards, and that isn't likely to change, but that should enable one to do a fair job of sighting in a scoped rifle.

I have tried everything I can think of, and seem to be able to get close, but any precision evades me.

My problem seems to be that, even with sandbgs, I can't get a steady enough rest to repeat results. My groups, with rifles capable of one hole at 100 yards, are typically about an inch and a half.

what kind of rifle and scope do you have

THE JOKER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Find a friend who can shoot it

Fourtho

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try not touching the stock with the left hand (if you are right handed). You aren't worried about keeping the barrel from rising for a fast second shot and you don't have to support the weight because of the bags.

Then, get one of these: http://www.bigrivertactical.com/page/page/3061586.htm and use that to control the vertical point of aim. You hold it under the rear of the stock with your left hand and squeeze or release the bean bag to change the height. It makes repeatability a lot easier.

Vices are nice, too: it's a matter of preference and what you are trying to accomplish.

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try not touching the stock with the left hand (if you are right handed). You aren't worried about keeping the barrel from rising for a fast second shot and you don't have to support the weight because of the bags.

Then, get one of these: http://www.bigrivertactical.com/page/page/3061586.htm and use that to control the vertical point of aim. You hold it under the rear of the stock with your left hand and squeeze or release the bean bag to change the height. It makes repeatability a lot easier.

Vices are nice, too: it's a matter of preference and what you are trying to accomplish.

I think what CB is trying to say is the tables/rests at H&H aren't conducive to traditional zeroing of a rifle. The tables barely deep enough to hold a small sandbag, much less a rifle vise. Even shooting a Ruger Blackhawk revolver off of sandbags is a challenge with those tables. There is only room to place the fore-end of a rifle on the table. It is very similar to shooting out of a deer-stand window with no rear rest for the buttstock. This means no room for a rear sandbag.

Fourtho

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh! Well, that's going to make things difficult without a vice or a longer trip to a better range. I'm new in Tulsa and have only shot at Happy Hollow.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Got a bore-sight? Shoot me a PM if you want to borrow one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom