Sighting in scopes at H&H

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know they only have 30 yards, and that isn't likely to change, but that should enable one to do a fair job of sighting in a scoped rifle.

I have tried everything I can think of, and seem to be able to get close, but any precision evades me.

My problem seems to be that, even with sandbgs, I can't get a steady enough rest to repeat results. My groups, with rifles capable of one hole at 100 yards, are typically about an inch and a half.

Any advice will be appreciated. CB

1. Get out of the indoor range, the overpressure/concussion is enough to cause flinch.

2. Once you zero off of a rest at an outdoor range, get off the rest.

3. Practice from sitting, prone, standing, kneeling, and learn how to use a sling(Its not just for carrying a rifle).

4. If recoil is an issue, start doing pushups, more muscle less hurt.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4. If recoil is an issue, start doing pushups, more muscle less hurt.

Or start eating more Twinkies and fried pork rinds. Fat is a nice shock absorber, and a lot easier to acquire than muscles.

Now that was a joke, so don't take my comment seriously! :P

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Id be willing to bet he has a cheap $30 bushnell scope from wal mart and he just eyeballed it on with the cheaper $2 scope rings.

Might not be your shooting might be your equipment.

There's nothing wrong with his equipment if he's getting one-hole groups at 100 yds. The question relates to why are the group sizes so much bigger at the indoor range at close distances compared to longer shots at outdoor ranges.

BTW, CB is one of the more knowledgeable/experienced members on OSA, as evidenced by many of his posts. Although everyone has their moments, if he asks a question, the answer is almost certainly non-trivial.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with his equipment if he's getting one-hole groups at 100 yds. The question relates to why are the group sizes so much bigger at the indoor range at close distances compared to longer shots at outdoor ranges.

BTW, CB is one of the more knowledgeable/experienced members on OSA, as evidenced by many of his posts. Although everyone has their moments, if he asks a question, the answer is almost certainly non-trivial.

MMB,
Seems we have alot of new faces on here who know everything because they read it in a comic book or saw it on youtube.

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MMB,
Seems we have alot of new faces on here who know everything because they read it in a comic book or saw it on youtube.

Granted, forum posts are a low-context communication media, but by the choice of words, I inferred a degrading tone/attitude and responded. I hope my previous post conveys there is more to a person than his or her "handle" and question in a single thread; therefore, negative assumptions that lead to degrading comments about a person's equipment don't foster the type of community I believe OSA is striving to foster/create/maintain.

I'm not saying opinions aren't welcome, but assuming someone has poor equipment and stating it in a way that is comparable to "speaking about a person within ear-shot and pretending that person can't hear" is not an acceptable means of communication. And, for what it's worth, this post is meant for everyone's enjoyment. :)

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Granted, forum posts are a low-context communication media, but by the choice of words, I inferred a degrading tone/attitude and responded. I hope my previous post conveys there is more to a person than his or her "handle" and question in a single thread; therefore, negative assumptions that lead to degrading comments about a person's equipment don't foster the type of community I believe OSA is striving to foster/create/maintain.

I'm not saying opinions aren't welcome, but assuming someone has poor equipment and stating it in a way that is comparable to "speaking about a person within ear-shot and pretending that person can't hear" is not an acceptable means of communication.

I'm with you 100% on that sir!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom