Since I posted on here about gun selling transactions gone bad...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We receive a lot of those type of inquiries at work. I am referring to the use of the English language. That usually tells us they are scammers.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my favorites:
Him: Can you order this part for me?
Me: Perhaps...what does it do?
Him: It makes a Glock pistol into a fully automatic machine pistol. My friend here wants one to take back to his country.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just this past week:

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 9:56 PM, David Remington <[email protected]> wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your response .I would like to proceed with the instant purchase immediately, Am ok with the condition and the price, I just got deployed from your area that's why i wont be able to come for the pick up in person , i am planning on leaving the US military soon so decided to start a little gun shop of mine to sell guns and ammo and decided to buy some online for re-selling purpose, i can get back to you with a copy of my FFL for verification. So let me know if you are ready to proceed in receiving the payment right away, it will be in form of a CERTIFIED CASHIER CHECK which will be mailed to you via USPS or UPS 2-3 working days delivery, i can organize for a local pick up at your location at your convenient time by my FFL holder once the check is cleared,so you don't need to ship if you don't want to. So please kindly get back to me with your details as requested below.

Name to be on check...................
Full address to receive the check..........
Mobile number........................
Final asking price .........

Regards,
Stephanie Peters

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And this one that the thread starts at the bottom and reads up:

Read the ad, scammer:

"Able to complete at this time a local face-to-face cash sale. Buyer must be at least 21, Oklahoma resident able to legally buy a firearm in Oklahoma, and must have a current valid Oklahoma issued picture ID. No exceptions."

------------------------

On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Charles Wills <[email protected]> wrote:
Thanks for your reply concerning my inquiry.. I am sorry for not getting back to you anytime sooner..I have been busy..Let me know if it is still available...I hope it is its best condition..I think I should go for the price just because I want to get it before any other person. I am ready to make payment for the shipment... I want you to hold it for me before any other interested person. i live in Louisiana but in KY for an emergency.

Please provide your full name, Address and your Phone number so that I can send your payment. I will be paying you by Certified check. It will take 2 -3 days for the payment to get to you...As for delivery,I will talk to a shipping company here and they will come pick it up at you residence,Let me know when you will be available to receive them so that they can just schedule an appointment with you.kindly get back to me, as soon as possible, with your name, phone # and mailing address where payment will be sent, so that I can make an arrangement for the Check.

Note: As soon as you have your money in hand, we can talk about the picking up of the item. I would like you to take the posting off Arm-listing today.
I am willing to provide a FFL address to ship to so that you will be sure I am not going to possess it illegally.
You can send text to my phone,I will reply as soon as I get it?here is my phone number 504 233-8564

------------------------------

On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 7:51 PM,
Currently available. Your contact information and location please?

------------------------

On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 9:27 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
Message from: [email protected]

Message regarding: Richly blued Smith & Wesson revolver from the Dr. C. J. Fuller Collection
Am Charles,i was just going through the site and i get attracted to this picture,kindly get back to me if it still available

Pinkpantywearer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Humorous Story

I was selling a gen 3 glock 27 4 years ago. Picking a location to meet agreed Walmart Penn and Kilpatrick. We are suppose to meet at 4 pm on a Wednesday

Him - Heah do you know if the bus goes to walmart at Memorial and Penn.

Me - No Why?

Me - Do you drive a city bus?

Him - No I take the city bus

Me - OK, Do you not have a car

Him - I dont have a car and I dont have a drivers license anymore

Me - Oh OK, well why I appreciate your business I dont think we will get a deal done today.

Him - Look just come by my house I will give you $5 for gas. Would you consider taking less money for the glock?

Me- You want me to drive to your home and take less money for my gun

Him - Yes

Me- That's OK I wish you well on your gun search

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy here in Tulsa has a pistol on Armslist....worked out price with a guy who then wanted him to drive to Amarillo, TX as it was half way from where je was in New Mexico. Wtf???

Pinkpantywearer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
The cops got my license and I have a flat tire on my Dodge Neon. Why you gotta be so harsh! (damn I'm funny!!!)
Humoursly the truth is much much funnier and sadder apparently his car was impounded when we got arrested for DUI where he also lost his license. Instead of getting his car out of impound he wanted a gun

Latest posts

Top Bottom