Since I'm gonna be a dad soon. . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Pick out a good .22 rifle that you would have enjoyed as a child and let him/her grow into it.

I liked the lever action .22 rifles when I was a kid because I grew up watching westerns but westerns aren't nearly as popular now days so.....
Now days I'm partial to pump .22 rifles. I don't know why. I just like them.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a stripped lower that you both can build into a complete rifle as they grow older. I went with that for one son and a bolt-gun build for the other and both truly respect what they have.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
a stripped lower that you both can build into a complete rifle as they grow older. I went with that for one son and a bolt-gun build for the other and both truly respect what they have.

I like this idea, start em out with a drop in 22lr converter and when they get a little older switch back to 223

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.everydaynodaysoff.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_10_Tactical_Baby_Stroller_Rifle_4.jpg

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What ever you decide just make sure it fits the little guy. If you have to modify the stock then modify it but save the piece you cut off so it can be attached as they grow. I always try to think how it would be to try to learn to shoot with a gun that had a stock 4 or 5 inches too long. Probably not good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom