single malt scotch amd cigar suggestions.....help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey All, Later toward the end of this month, I will be attending a formal dinner. I have the smokes for after dinner, now I need some scotch suggestions. I have a few in mind, but would like some suggestions. Especially ones that you have drank.....while smoking a cigar. Maybe some toward a fruit,honey, and vanilla aroma.....less smoky peat..??? Throw out the ideas and suggestions and I'll definitely look into it. Two that come to mind.....Aberfeldy. Had this last Saturday night with some smokes.....NICE. Another that comes to mind with cigars...Talisker. Thanks...Cohiba

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Balvenie 15 year: Although taste is going to vary. This is a single cask so the taste will vary from cask to cask. The many bottles of this stuff I have imbibed have all been relatively sweet, with very little smokey or peaty taste. It can be a bit harsh on first swallow (at least for a 15 year), but it really is a good and unique bottle. I have found this one is great with cigars.

Aberlour 10 year: As I have said before, I am not big into sweet scotches, so I find this one overly sweet (which to others may be perfect). For me, this is a scotch I only drink with cigars. I need to cigar to counter the sweetness.

The Macallan: Another really good sweet scotch. Has a strong sherry flavor. Not really my favorite, but I know others who love it.

Glenmorangie: Glenmos like the Px, Sherry Cask, nect d'or are all sweeter scotches.

Theres many others, but these are the only sweet scotches I drink regularly.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I don't smoke cigars.

As far as sweet/fruity it doesn't get more so than The Dalmore. It's my current favorite of that type. It always reminds me of died fruit with a sweet after taste. Glenmorangie's La Santa is a close second. Many prefer the Quinta Ruban but to me the La Santa is a touch sweeter/bit more fruity. And of course no discusion of the sherried (or sweet) single malts would be meaningful if you don't mention Macallan 12. Macallan 12 is more complex than those already mentioned and considered "better". I don't agree. I like my sherried malts sweet, kind of fruity and that's it. I like my Islay's smokey with dry after taste and that's it. And if you're smoking a cigar likely all the complexity will be lost anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom