Small engine/Mower Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UUUUMMMMM you need to type more.

Unfair to leave us hanging like that.

I think it was a combo of water and old carb honestly. I drained the gas and there was some in there. Once I got that out it took some tinkering to start it but now it’s running first pull. Just running super fast. I mangled the spring over the linkage from the carb to the gov arm so guessing that’s part of it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a very dependable Honda mower from 1986 or so and it is still running. One time it wouldn't start and I took off the carb bowl and there was rust and water in the thing so I cleaned it up good and it worked fine until i gave it to my son whom I assume still has it...I hope.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The carb on my 18hp Kohler that came off a lawn tractor and is now on a log splitter developed a white crust inside the bowl that caused the needle and seat to get clogged and quit working. Cleaned it all out, put a fine coat of epoxy in the bowl but it did the same thing. New Kohler carb is over a hundred bucks, but I've heard the cheap carbs on Amazon will work just fine. Anybody have experience using them?

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The carb on my 18hp Kohler that came off a lawn tractor and is now on a log splitter developed a white crust inside the bowl that caused the needle and seat to get clogged and quit working.
I have not ever had the white crust develop in my carbs but I have seen many carbs with it.

It could be the fact that I will sometimes run my 2 stroke fuel mix in my mowers.
That oil is actually a lube and a stabilizer.
I have never had any issues running it in a 4 stroke.

You do not need to run a 50:1 ratio to get a benefit.
I have ran it in my inline 6 Fords also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom