Smithys..? Who do you folk recommend in the Greater OKC area....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a bud that is looking to have a new barrel screwed onto a bolt action, chambered, bead blasted and maybe a little action tuning and/or stock work. Mostly looking for an accurate semi-custom hunting rifle, nothing benchrest or super duper hyper-accurate.

Who do you fellas use or recommend.?

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Second the Jon Beanland.........and believe Steve is x.............and Should be GTG for sure as well.

If going 'greater' than that - GAP in KC, William Roscoe in Louisiana

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Second the Jon Beanland.........and believe Steve is x.............and Should be GTG for sure as well.

If going 'greater' than that - GAP in KC, William Roscoe in Louisiana

I wouldn't necessarily say Beanland is second to GAP or Roscoe anymore than Long Rifles Inc, Phoenix Customs, Crescent Customs, Short action Customs, or Gradous Rifles. Each one is excellent and stand by their work. Any of these builders build <1/2moa shooters with proper ammo.

Shiredude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't send it to anyone out of state. Beanland, Parry, Stuteville, and I can give you a few more. Some of the best there is come out of this state when it comes to building rifles.
And there is nothing "semi-custom" when it comes to chambering one, truing the action, and bedding it to a stock.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a bud that is looking to have a new barrel screwed onto a bolt action, chambered, bead blasted and maybe a little action tuning and/or stock work. Mostly looking for an accurate semi-custom hunting rifle, nothing benchrest or super duper hyper-accurate.

Who do you fellas use or recommend.?

Last time I checked with Jon he only worked with Remington/Remington clone actions. If you have a Win, Tikka, Savage, or Howa action you may be out of luck with him.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JCann --- I didn't rack and stack in order of My pref., or their 'standing' in the rifle community. I listed those that are GTG in OK, or Close enough.

If the OP wants rack and stack - ALL listed next are top tier and would build a rifle of excellent quality. KMW/Terry Cross, GAP, Gradous Rifles, SAC (Mark Gordon), Spartan Rifles (Marc S.), APA / JJ, Louisiana Precision / WR, Beanland

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not exactly OKC area, but ive seen some of this guys work. Custom made barrels, actions, etc.

Denton Precision Rifles
Robert Denton, Rifle Smith

Custom build bolt rifles, Accurizing factory rifles
203 N. 3rd St.
Ponca City, Ok 74601

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JCann --- I didn't rack and stack in order of My pref., or their 'standing' in the rifle community. I listed those that are GTG in OK, or Close enough.

If the OP wants rack and stack - ALL listed next are top tier and would build a rifle of excellent quality. KMW/Terry Cross, GAP, Gradous Rifles, SAC (Mark Gordon), Spartan Rifles (Marc S.), APA / JJ, Louisiana Precision / WR, Beanland

I agree, those you've listed are all quality builders. I have one from a builder you listed above that couldn't fix a warranty issue with my bolt after I received it from them. I sent it off to Moon at Crescent Customs and he had it running great in less than a day. He even shipped it to me prior to me sending him his money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom