Smokeless tobacco

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never dipped, but I smoked for 41 years. In 2003, my doctor helped by giving me a prescription for Wellbutrin. He told me to take it in a manner that every day or so, I began to take less. Then, I was to pick a day about 2 weeks ahead of then as a quit date. So, we got a Farmer's Almanac and looked up when the "signs" were right and picked that first day as the quit date. That was April 19, 2003. As I tapered off on the Wellbutrin, I also tapered off on how long I went without smoking. First, smoked every hour, then an hour and a half, and by the time April 19 came around, I was down to a smoke every 6 hours.

Woke up April 19 and smoked at 7:00 am. Then, leaving the pipe and tobacco behind, the wife and I and our two sons just ran around OKC doing different things to stay away from the house before going back home about 8:00 that evening. The next morning, a Sunday, I was out of it. Told the wife she would have to drive because I couldn't focus on anything for more than about 10 seconds before zoning out. That night at about 9:00 pm, I suddenly realized that I hadn't had an overpowering urge for a smoke in a while. So, a little over 36 hours was pretty rough and then it got easier.

Nowadays, if I smell a pipe, I don't have the same urge. Then again, when I went in for cataract surgery a few years ago, I'd have given my left leg for a smoke because I was uptight about them operating on my eye. Two weeks later when I went in for surgery on the second eye, it was no problem at all.

All this said, good luck and stay at it. My father-in-law dipped Copenhagen for decades. Cancer finally took him.

Prayers are with you.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3CC83426-3954-47CF-8D56-C946B3A60C91.jpeg
This helps when I’m about to freak out and my jaw is hurting

Latest posts

Top Bottom