Smokin deal on an AR.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got enough not to be part of the panic with the exception of M&P9 mags.

Other than that I am GTG.

Judging by the language in his ad he is fully aware of what he is doing. So the buyer would be fully aware of what they were doing.

I don't really fault the guy. Kinda goes with saying "everything has a price". I only have one complete functional AR at the moment but I have contemplated selling it for a premium. If I really need one later, I can get one and be ahead money or if SHTF I have other guns that would enable me acquire AR's if you know what I mean.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't it illegal to sell a used weapon private party over state lines???

Not at all. You generally have to ship from an FFL to and FFL in most cases though. Transfer fees vary from FFL to FFL. There are restrictions on shipping certain ammunition, weapons, and accessories to certain states(i.e. listed AR lowers or off roster handguns without a single shot exemption to CA, etc.)

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know the circunstances where it would be legal to ship firearms? I cant think of one except back to a manufacturer.

You can legally sell/ship firearms to people out of state. You just have to take the firearm to an FFL(your location) and have them send it to another FFL(buyers location). The other person goes to their FFL and does the paperwork. Like I said above, there are exceptions(state and local law), but for the most part it is perfectly legal.

[EDIT]

Here are the rules and regs for shipping into/out of CA: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=454627

[EDIT 2]

You can also ship a firearm to yourself(interstate).

From the ATF site
"Q: May a nonlicensee ship firearms interstate for his or her use in hunting or other lawful activity?

Yes. A person may ship a firearm to himself or herself in care of another person in the State where he or she intends to hunt or engage in any other lawful activity. The package should be addressed to the owner. Persons other than the owner should not open the package and take possession of the firearm."

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an unfinished AR sitting in my office right now.

Have an assembled lower, and 4 30round PMAGS waiting an upper. I didn't have the spare coin to finish it before since the holidays were coming up, and I definitely do not have it now that the prices have gone up further.

Maybe everything will calm down a bit and prices will be reasonable again. Wishful thinking huh :P ?

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can legally sell/ship firearms to people out of state. You just have to take the firearm to an FFL(your location) and have them send it to another FFL(buyers location). The other person goes to their FFL and does the paperwork. Like I said above, there are exceptions(state and local law), but for the most part it is perfectly legal.

[EDIT]Here are the rules and regs for shipping into/out of CA: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=454627

[EDIT 2]

You can also ship a firearm to yourself(interstate).

no you can ship it to a dealer in another state for transfer to the buyer, no need for ffl on the sellers end

SevenSixTwo

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is nothing. There's some ********* on armslist trying to sell a bone stock bushmaster for $2000. Way to screw over your fellow hoplophiles butthead! For those of you more budget minded, theres a $1400 Oly Arms AR and a $1200 Kel-Tec Sub2000 just a few posts down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom