Snake Hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Out on the backroads today doing some fishing and came across this 'fella that someone had dispatched. Didn't look to have been dead very long. Unfortunately (for me) they took the rattlers.

ai118.photobucket.com_albums_o82_durantsports_guy_72_timberrattler.jpg

Reginald Murray

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too bad someone killed that Timber Rattler (aka: velvet tail by "old timers") ... looks like a young one comparatively speaking. One of my personal favorites due to the pattern and size they can get.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reginald, I have to educate you a little on OSA snake identification...

Here, if it makes noise, it's a Rattlesnake. If it doesn't make noise, it's a Cobra.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too bad someone killed that Timber Rattler (aka: velvet tail by "old timers") ... looks like a young one comparatively speaking. One of my personal favorites due to the pattern and size they can get.

About 3 weeks before this we came upon some guys dispatching one quite a bit larger than less than 1/8 mile from where we found this one. This timber rattler was about 3' long I'm guessing.

Reginald Murray

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reginald, I have to educate you a little on OSA snake identification...

Here, if it makes noise, it's a Rattlesnake. If it doesn't make noise, it's a Cobra.

HMFIC ... I have to respectfully disagree due to the following fact: All snake removal calls we go on, are always, and have always been calls to remove a Copperheadedrattlemoccasin. These are always no less than 20 feet in length, they have 6 inch fangs, can constrict a full grown cow to death ... and they purposefully chase people. just like this one ...

[Broken External Image]

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HMFIC ... I have to respectfully disagree due to the following fact: All snake removal calls we go on, are always, and have always been calls to remove a Copperheadedrattlemoccasin. These are always no less than 20 feet in length, they have 6 inch fangs, can constrict a full grown cow to death ... and they purposefully chase people. just like this one ...

[Broken External Image]

lol... I'm sure you're right. :)

On a serious note, thanks for the useful information and videos.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reginald, I live on the outskirts of Owasso and have a field across the street with lots of tall dry grass. Now I also live on an acre lot with lots of good places for snakes to hide. I own a Chihuahua who is a very curious dog. If a dangerous snake does get into my yard, and I think they will, should I be worried about my Chihuahua?

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried about the chihuahua too much. Due the the basic structure of a chihuahua, he will probably slide right down and will not be in much danger of getting hung in the snakes throat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom