Snakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20 + years ago me and member prdator where tube fishing in a water shed lake when a snake swam up his shorts leg. that was pretty intense there for a while

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck oklahoma snakes are tame....

I got chased by an angry cotton mouth one day at scout camp in MA...damn thing took off after myself and 2 of my buddies...We were hicking on a trail around the camp lake, that damn snake was laying on a pad of lilly pads, it was about 30ft away from us, saw us before we saw it, by the time we saw it, it was raised up in a striking pose, mouth wide open and all of a sudden it dove into the water and was on the bank in a matter of seconds..we took off running and that damn snake was on our heels.

Never did catch us, we were told it may have a nest in the area and to stay away from that part of the lake, then we were told we were going to compete in a swimming race around the lake....:ooh2: :eek2: :bolt:

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that it will matter, because everyone hates snake :)
Their eyesight is terrible, they can't see you to chase you. They will take off in a direction if frightened, and if you're in front of them, it seems as if they're chasing you. They will lunge/strike for short distances, but they generally can't see well past about 5-7 ft.

They don't nest either. The only snakes that "care" for their eggs are pythons and king cobras. The venomous snakes around here (copperheads, rattlesnakes, and cottonmouths) give birth to live young. Once they're out, the babies on their own. No parental care.

Having said all of this...flame away!

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trust me, this snake came right after me 3 times and ended up at my feet, my lure landed between the snake and myself. It was going across the pond in front of me and came at me from 3 directions, this ones mother may have had an affair with an eagle, but that sum ***** chased me, there is no way around it. I was aware of the snake not caring for it's young

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a similar experience as relentless had. I shot at it four or five times and finally managed to hit it in the head about three feet away from me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom