Snakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firepolicedude

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have heard that when they are molting that they will become mean and aggressive and chase. Had it happen to me when I was younger. Didn't have a gun but did have about a 4 foot tree limb and beat the Sh*t out of it.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When it comes time to shed, they are fairly cranky. The scales over their eyes cloud up just before shedding, so their usual crappy vision is even worse. They are a little more defensive at this time, and usually more likely to strike. I know my snakes are a little temperamental at this time and I leave them alone for about a week prior to shedding.

Again, a relatively small animal with limited defenses will not/does not (whatever) chase a large biped animal (us) with any intent of harm, if they move in your direction with any purpose, it is usually a bluff/threat "charge". They won't follow you home.

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a black racer at Lake Eufaula chase me into the back of my truck and trust me he wanted a piece of my ass. He was on me like nothing and im a fat guy watching a fat guy get airborne into the back of a jacked up Crewcab F-150 has got to be a sight to see cause my buddies were all cracking up. I was like dude stop laughing and kill him! We finally just caught him and took him down by the water where there was a little cliff we knew he couldn't get back up and dropped him down it.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a black racer at Lake Eufaula chase me into the back of my truck and trust me he wanted a piece of my ass. He was on me like nothing and im a fat guy watching a fat guy get airborne into the back of a jacked up Crewcab F-150 has got to be a sight to see cause my buddies were all cracking up. I was like dude stop laughing and kill him! We finally just caught him and took him down by the water where there was a little cliff we knew he couldn't get back up and dropped him down it.

Blue Racers, ya I had a run in with one, it, myself and an AR15.....one heck of a sight to see from what I have been told....:rollingla

onyur6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a run in with a 4+ foot cotton mouth while trimming a yard with a weed eater. That weed eater really pissed off that snake. At full throttle I couldn't even cut his skin. With my youngest two close by I just finished him off with a shovel.

We use to catch all kinds of snakes in the creek behind my house when I was a kid. We would scare the hell out of our mom dragging home snakes in a 5 gallon bucket. I remember one young moccasin tried to bite me once and as he was striking I stomped him with my boot. His fangs sank into his own body and he floated down the creek in a little circle. :owned3:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tied a large rubber snake to the inside of the lid to my ice chest. I put a couple of logs in the bottom for realism. Then when unsuspecting people tried to get into my adult pop a snake tried to attack them. LOL

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Them sons of bitches is the very reason I don't fish any more! :hellno:

I had one chase me off of HIS pond once too.

I tell ya guys, that bastard was 10 feet long if he was an inch. He looked like the Loch Ness Monster patroling HIS pond. You know how a boat makes the little "V" behind them as they move through the water? That's exactly what it looked like with this mutha-scratcher!

Damn! Gives me the willies!!! :lookaroun

Latest posts

Top Bottom