So, my M&P 22 went full auto...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
google John Lawmaster

John Lawmaster was a friend of mine may he R.I.P.

Bought my first handgun from him, bought my first 1911 from him as well.

He lived across the street from some good friends and we were there the night they raided his house. ATF is no joke, they threatened to haul us all off to Jail just for asking what was going on.

To my knowledge there had never been a malfunction of that rifle either we had been out at red castle and shot it in both 5.56 configuration and with a drop in .22 conversion a week or two prior to the raid it was as legal as the day is long.

His ex-wife was a total ***** trying to get him arrested.

Now for the OP beg a mod to delete this thread. You have admitted to the whole world that you are in possession of an unregistered machine gun

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No I understand the legal difference in the two situations clearly. Perhaps what I should have been more clear about was that the fact that he made a POST about a malfunctioning gun on a web forum is no more likely to get him a BATF raid than posting videos of simulated full auto fire with the slide fire stocks. Especially where he is talking about sending it in to get repaired. I wasn't saying not to worry about keeping the gun like that, I was saying don't worry about a raid from making a post about a malfunctioning gun.

The ATF is not making raid decisions based solely off incidental posts on web forums. If they had outside or other corroboration that a person has illegal arms that would be different. As in the Lawmaster case where they had a statement under oath from his ex-wife

A statement where she perjured herself, and despite sworn testimony to the opposite was never charged. She was the most vindictive hateful hag to ever walk the face of the earth, John was certainly no sweetheart either but his divorce makes mine look like an amicable split and I still to this day absolutely loathe talking to my ex.

VS. a self admission of guilt on a firearms forum.

Call me a tinfoil hatter all you want but with a background in information technology I can promise you gun related boards are most likely monitored, even deleting this now would probably be no good because it's probably already been tagged and cached, hell google probably has a cache of this page already.

Mpdelaney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol! Kinda crazy where this has gone! I really was hoping if anyone else had the same problem they might have spoken up with what the cause might have been. That case if it was something that I might have done, I could correct it next time (too dirty, poor ammo choice, etc). Instead i just get a ton of people freaking out about the BATF reading my posts. "DELETE IT NOW!!!".

If the BATF is monitoring fourms, then they realize in my OP it states that I have already contacted S&W for repairs. Pretty sure they are smart enough to figure out that if i sent it back, I no longer have it in my possession.

Oh, I bet when they do any research, if indeed there is EVER any type of investigation, they will find out I pay my tax stamps for my class III in my safe. Just like most every other gun owner, I abide by the laws!

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Googled John Lawmaster. All the sites that popped up were put on by tin foil wearing slack jawed yokels. Maybe I can read the story when I find a real.source.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
John Lawmaster was a friend of mine may he R.I.P.

Bought my first handgun from him, bought my first 1911 from him as well.

He lived across the street from some good friends and we were there the night they raided his house. ATF is no joke, they threatened to haul us all off to Jail just for asking what was going on.

To my knowledge there had never been a malfunction of that rifle either we had been out at red castle and shot it in both 5.56 configuration and with a drop in .22 conversion a week or two prior to the raid it was as legal as the day is long.

His ex-wife was a total ***** trying to get him arrested.

Now for the OP beg a mod to delete this thread. You have admitted to the whole world that you are in possession of an unregistered machine gun
Good you were a friend of John's. Some day maybe you will know the whole story. Oh, and he was raided at 11:05 in the morning while John and I were eating at Simple Simons pizza. Not at night.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was out shooting the other day and all of a sudden, my .22 went full auto! Shot it the test if the day that way. Fun to shoot! But emptied 25 rounds in 2.3 seconds. Very fun to shoot. Kind of made precision shots a little difficult. Personally, is almost keep it that way if I didn't buy the weapon for my kids to shoot too. Plus now it also fires a single round while on safety. Sending back to S&W this week for repairs, I guess.

Lol! Kinda crazy where this has gone! I really was hoping if anyone else had the same problem they might have spoken up with what the cause might have been. That case if it was something that I might have done, I could correct it next time (too dirty, poor ammo choice, etc). Instead i just get a ton of people freaking out about the BATF reading my posts. "DELETE IT NOW!!!".

If the BATF is monitoring fourms, then they realize in my OP it states that I have already contacted S&W for repairs. Pretty sure they are smart enough to figure out that if i sent it back, I no longer have it in my possession.

Oh, I bet when they do any research, if indeed there is EVER any type of investigation, they will find out I pay my tax stamps for my class III in my safe. Just like most every other gun owner, I abide by the laws!

Sir, nowhere in your original post (quoted above) did you ask if anyone else had the same problem or what the cause might have been. You said "almost keep it that way" and "Sending back to S&W this week for repairs, I guess". Those lines made it sound like you were thinking about leaving it that way and folks here were just trying to keep you out of trouble. The fact that you "pay my tax stamps for my class III in my safe" means nothing. If you keep a malfunctioning gun that fires full-auto and you do not have a tax stamp for THAT GUN showing it is registered as an MG, then you could be prosecuted. Chances are slim that they would go after you, but advertising it on the internet is not a good idea. Whether you think the folks on here are too paranoid or not you should at least appreciate the fact that they are looking out for your well being and have a little more consideration.

Mpdelaney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sir, nowhere in your original post (quoted above) did you ask if anyone else had the same problem or what the cause might have been. You said "almost keep it that way" and "Sending back to S&W this week for repairs, I guess". Those lines made it sound like you were thinking about leaving it that way and folks here were just trying to keep you out of trouble. The fact that you "pay my tax stamps for my class III in my safe" means nothing. If you keep a malfunctioning gun that fires full-auto and you do not have a tax stamp for THAT GUN showing it is registered as an MG, then you could be prosecuted. Chances are slim that they would go after you, but advertising it on the internet is not a good idea. Whether you think the folks on here are too paranoid or not you should at least appreciate the fact that they are looking out for your well being and have a little more consideration.

There is a difference between "concerned" and "paranoid". I appreciate the concern and advice. I think deleting a thread is paranoid.

I'm well aware of how the stamps work and what you are required to stamp. Not my first rodeo.

I was just amused at the extensiveness that the thread was going.

No, I didn't ask if anyone existence the same, but common sense suggests if i went through the same problem with the same weapon, i might let the poster know what I did, what i was told caused it, etc.

And i am gratuitous for concern.

Last edited by a moderator:

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good you were a friend of John's. Some day maybe you will know the whole story. Oh, and he was raided at 11:05 in the morning while John and I were eating at Simple Simons pizza. Not at night.

I worked nights pulling orders in a warehouse at the time. At that time it was the middle of the night to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom